Keep Calm and Copyright the bugger!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Crafty990, Oct 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has the King's Crown on the poster. Have a word with these people:

Crown Copyright Administrator
    Directorate of Intellectual Property Rights
    Ministry of Defence
    Poplar 2 #2218
    MOD Abbey Wood
    Bristol BS34 8JH

e-mail: DIPR-CC
  2. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ahhhhh,the outrage bus must be red on James. Thought there would have been a lot more 'harumphing' at this attempt to claim this British icon for oneself and cash in.
  4. Greed.

It'll never triumph.

Whatever happened to originality? Not signing.
  5. I don't think his copyrights working very well as i bought one of the posters last week and when i was at a trade show in september every man and his dog were selling the original and variations on it, and you can have them on anything from a mugs to bags to even a thong for the ladies.

so i dont think theirs much to worry about sound advice though
  6. Dont panic!
  7. What, like your brother you mean?
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If I was some sort of Pikey barrow boy and making money out of something, would I be bothered about thousands of names on a petition? The thing is out of Crown copyright and if Barter Books and your brother own the only two originals they might be better off with a legal challenge, although having met Stuart and Mary Manley I doubt they can be arsed. Finally, this Coop character has not a hope in hell of enforcing, unless he wants to spend the rest of his life in Court. The thing is like the CND symbol. Its out there.
  9. He aint cashing in on anything he's just a WW2 geek. If he were to however, fair do's as this is a British icon there to be enjoyed by the british people one and all.
  10. Why the fuss about copyrighting it then?
  11. Is "ARRSE" trademarked?
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

13. Are you a bit broken? If he copyrights it then he has sole rights to that image and it's reproduction. If he so chooses to, he could remove it from public circulation completely.