keela waterproofs

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sniper9, Oct 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have seen a few blokes with these type of waterproofs. I have chkecked out the price and realised i need to flog a kidney to afford them. are they worth it?

2. Used Keela jackets for a while now. I like them. Have used the Munro jacket for the last couple of years.
    At about £160.00 I don't think that it is too expensive compared with other makes. In fact because of the price I bought this one and not one by Mtn Equipt, Berghaus etc which can be nearer twice the price. The only downside I have found is that it is a little heavier than other coats, but I can live with that.

Q.

Edited to add: How come when youtype in a brand name, as above, it is linked to Amazon. Have ARRSE got a deal going?

3. I've got a set they are worth their weight in gold, the don't leak at all,like goretex eventually does you can get them in the PRI in Dering lines.

4. They really are a high quality product. I've personally used their products for a while now and they probably the best one of the best in their field. Their DPM Jacket and salopettes vs the Issue kit is like comparing an F1 car with a tractor!

5. Is their any point with PECOC coming soon?

6. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Perfect for those arctic bear cull camo requirements.

7. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Maybe because how long is soon, bearing in mind combat 95 kit wasn't rolled out properly until 1998 !!!!

8. True, but I'd be a little hesistant about buying any gucci kit until it's certain what's happening regarding PECOC

9. I'm with Daywalker when 95 kit came out we didn't get it till 97/98 and even then we still wore the denims in camp to " prolong" the life of 95 kit, plus I have the keela stuff it's mega.

10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Only thing that puts me off is the price of the stuff.

11. I hate to say it but you do get what you pay for....

12. I have had two Keela Munro's and they are excellent kit - I managed to shred the first on the ring of steel a few years back and Keela were quite happy to replace a sleeve for me at minimal cost.

If you can afford it, you should seriously shell out for a Munro - the quality of it is fantastic and despite me managing to destroy one they are very hard wearing. You should also look at the features on it - for a similar featured jacket, you could easily pay twice that.

13. I've paid similar prices for a berghaus and they're not in the same league imo

14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Deleted.....

15. So where can you get the DPM version? All I can find is olive & black?