Keel Row

Please may I ask whether anyone knows where to get sheet music for Keel Row?
The internet produces music for the folk song version - which has the wrong tempo.
I've phoned the DLI museum but the chap there didn't know.
I could pop into the Guard's museum and ask them - but I thought I would ask the good people of Arrse first.

Preferably music for the piano, but if it is written for a band then it can be converted.

Many Thanks.

The internet produces music for the folk song version - which has the wrong tempo.
I could pop into the Guard's museum and ask them - but I thought I would ask the good people of Arrse first.

Preferably music for the piano, but if it is written for a band then it can be converted.

Many Thanks.
I have a setting for it as a strathspey for pipes, if that's of any use to you.

Many Thanks.
Boosey & Hawkes do a copy for piano and voice here >> The Keel Row: Sheet Music Download @£1.99 for download.

This one is a freebie and any issues with tempo should be ironed out by a half competent pianist, it is only a 2/4 time signature and should be played at between 120 and 140 depending on preference >> Free sheet music : Traditional - Weel may the keel row (Piano and Voice)

Many Thanks for this.
It is for a wedding - the fastest exit from the church imaginable!
I assume that you are using an organist then.
The 2nd download I posted should do fine as it contains all the musical info needed notationally.
Just give him/her the music and sing or whistle the speed you want it at and all should be well.

Even I could do it :biggrin:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sniper9 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 15
tangosix Current Affairs, News and Analysis 15
Praetorian The NAAFI Bar 28