Keel Row

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Polyethyl, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please may I ask whether anyone knows where to get sheet music for Keel Row?
    The internet produces music for the folk song version - which has the wrong tempo.
    I've phoned the DLI museum but the chap there didn't know.
    I could pop into the Guard's museum and ask them - but I thought I would ask the good people of Arrse first.

Preferably music for the piano, but if it is written for a band then it can be converted.

Many Thanks.
  2. I have a setting for it as a strathspey for pipes, if that's of any use to you.
  3. Boosey & Hawkes do a copy for piano and voice here >> The Keel Row: Sheet Music Download @£1.99 for download.

This one is a freebie and any issues with tempo should be ironed out by a half competent pianist, it is only a 2/4 time signature and should be played at between 120 and 140 depending on preference >> Free sheet music : Traditional - Weel may the keel row (Piano and Voice)
  4. Many Thanks for this.
    It is for a wedding - the fastest exit from the church imaginable!
  5. I assume that you are using an organist then.
    The 2nd download I posted should do fine as it contains all the musical info needed notationally.
    Just give him/her the music and sing or whistle the speed you want it at and all should be well.

Even I could do it :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1