Kebabs and Fruitarianism

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chef, May 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yetsrday I was introduced to the world of the Fruitarian, makes a vegan look like Conan the Barbarian at a BBQ!

Fruitarianism - CopperWiki

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Freaks. Sounds like that weirdo cult who thought they could survive on sunlight only and died in Jockland.

3. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Fecking class lunacy! I quote from their site; "All about Fruitarianism. There are different types of fruitarians. There are those who prefer to eat without killing and go for only what falls naturally from a plant. These are primarily of culinary fruits, nuts, and seeds. Others avoid grains, because they believe it is unnatural to do so, and some fruitarians feel that it is improper for humans to eat seeds. Additionally, there are fruitarians who believe they should eat only plants that spread seeds when the plant is eaten. Others eat seeds and some cooked foods." FFS!!! What propelled us from being apes in trees to stalkers on the Savannah? A larger cranial capacity which needed proteins from meats to make the brain grow.

Feckin weirdos. I bet they'd start dribbling if they smelt good smoked Canadian or Scottish streaky bacon being sizzled on a Sunday morning and the gentle aroma of The Scarey One just gently putting some Maple Syrup on my freshly baked buttered toast.

4. When I worked in the prison service we had a prisoner who killed her baby by feeding it only fruit.

5. intentionally or just a byproduct of a poor diet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. She fed it a whole pineapple

• Like Like x 1
  7. They believed plucking an apple from a tree was murder. Starving a baby was alright though. RIP dead Apples.

8. What?????? She didnt peal it?????

cunt

9. Cuckoo......Cuckoo......Cuckooo!

Just how I feel about these twits. Bearing in mind previous comments, do the kids get a choice or are they just straight on the apples and pears cos mummmy and daddy say so?

10. Which end?

11. She must have been an absolute nut...

Doorman, a taxi if you please.

LB

12. sounds like a ex girlfriend of mine who only ate nuts, problem was she wasnt only eating mine!!

13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

listening to a scot doco on iplayer and some monks up there benefitted from the fact that even though they were officially vegetarian the church defined deer as a vegetable because it grew in the forest and the barnacle goose as a fish becuase it came from the sea!

not surprised if a daft doris killed her kid with a fruit diet many teenage girls mess themselves up because they cant get a balanced diet, one reason why some countries stick vitamins in their ration packs. a friend of ours decided to raise his son a veggie till the doctor said his adhd etc... was caused by his brain not growing properly due to malnutricion and he needed meat and fish forthwith. I do wonder if with all the crap the kids are eating now that its the source of the behaviour problems and special kids.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh here we go. The predictable knee-jerk reaction from the NAAFI Nazis. Back off you reactionary scum. Fruitarianism is their birthright.

'What falls naturally from the plant' could be the spunk from the hand job a Mexican trucker splattered over their unconscious crack whore Mums twat in a truck stop in Brownsville, Texas which later fell out and hatched in the sun.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fair point, and one I hadn't considered in my reactionary first post.

I promise to eat fruit henceforth, and give thanks that I am not in America, where the protein intake from a fruit diet would give me rickets.