Kebab Van in Bordon

Discussion in 'REME' started by MedievalMan, Dec 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it still outside the church?

Q. How many people managed to finish a jumbo kebab before they reached the main gate?

2. Best Kebabs ever.

Nothing beats a Tuesday (or is it Wednesday?) watching the female freak show in the Q club, then sauntering over to the infamous Churchyard Kebab Van and being served something which dosen't look too disimiliar from the horrors you've just witnessed.

3. I can remember trying to turn it over a few times.

4. finihed class one bout 4 months ago and yes it is still outide the church however the monster kebab is no more!!!
    portions seem to be much smaller than they used to be!!

5. Is not actually in the church car park anymore but is in the car park just over the hedge from church - opposite the junction with the bookies on the corner. I dunno about portions getting smaller - I saw one guy walking back towards camp not long ago with a monster of a kebab - and NO, he didn't finish before reaching the gate.

A guy on my class one course back in 1998 managed to eat 11 kebabs between 5pm Friday and midnight Sunday!!! No matter what size they were - that's gotta be a record???

Same bloke was at my first unit and scoffed 40 deutschmarks worth of McDonalds grub in one sitting - GREEDY F*CKER!!! You know who you are!!!

6. The original late night scoff van used to park on the car park in front of the swimming pool.
    The van was owned and run by a bloke called Brian who was a good bloke. He used to sell pasties, bacon butties, sausage butties, all sorts of butties in between, bratties, knacker wurst and the occasional kebab.

Awsome scoff and always a giggle when a few blokes used to try tipping his van over with him shouting "Er stop messin about you blokes, leave my van alone"

Much better than the kebeb van.

7. Did anyone else ever wake up with Kebab remains stuck to bed and body,and a trail of salad and meat leading out of door all the way to the gate, or was it just me?

8. No. But I do know a bloke who woke up in a Budapest hotel to find that the, er, leavings, included a large pizza firmly ground into the sheets.

But his wallet was not quite so firmly anchored.

9. I thought you could direct any REME bod to any destination in the UK from that Kabab van. :hungry:

10. Ahhhhhh.........

great memories of ye olde church kebab van, on my Class 1 1998 time i used to drive agency for Whitbread on a Saturday and always dropped him off some industrial packs of craft cheese slices for his burgers.

The result was large kebabs and a free can of pop for every visit i paid to it.

For 6 months, 3 squares meals, 8-10 pints in the bar and a jumbo kebab was the order every day. I always managed to finish just before i got to the main gate, it was then the "grenade" throw across the front of the body and to the left, over the fence into the corner of the Sgt's mess car park/old paab building.

This regime however added 3 stone and a £1000 overdraught to my bank account.

Oh the joys........... :D

11. i believe we should swap avatars Pingu!!

12. alway's had a mixed special for the walk back to camp and then had a jumbo donner for supper! qualitat!

13. not sure if its the same guy as mentioned "the van parking in the swimming pool car park" but there is a van that now parks accross the road from the main gate just about every other day selling brattys and other stuff

14. that van is a REME institution i dont know anyone on any course thats in borden who has nt eaten from that van

Nothing beats a Tuesday (or is it Wednesday?) watching the female freak show in the Q club, then sauntering over to the infamous Churchyard Kebab Van and being served something which dosen't look too disimiliar from the horrors you've just witnessed

COULDNT AGREE MORE!!

15. I remember a jumbo being sent back to the LAD in Osnabruck in the post (took 2 days) being warmed up in the microwave in the bar and shared round the fitter section at naafi break!