KCL Blogs of war

adastra

War Hero
Bear with, Im stepping out of character here for a minute.
The Telegraph ran an item over the weekend that there was not really much point in our UK involvement in Syria. This was picked up almost comedy style by one of the readers in War Studies ay KCL.

I know some of you slimy types have set your foot inside KCL and I have to say I have to grudgingly admire their application and achievement. However this recent @KingsofWar blog post made me stop David Betz | Kings of War

Is this the same KCL that is so closely linked to UK defence?

Anyway I thought I'd share my response to give you all another chance to take the p155

Per Ardua ad Astra: Kings of War and Caddy Shack

Happy New Year

David Betz was one of the lead tutors when I did my MA with Kings. I've met him and read some of things that he has written - he also had the dubious pleasure of marking some of the things I wrote. His analysis, especially of the Russian military in the post-Communist era is sharp and very well considered. His conclusions, even if differing from the accepted interpretation are always well researched and stimulate the reader to consider their own views as well as other ones.

You, on the other hand are a pretentious tw@t, whose inane and pointless waffle serve only to show your total lack of intellect, insight and intelligence.

adastra

War Hero
Welsh git MA

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Betz says: We went through an effortful democratic process, in order to do very little. The problem is the amount of effort expended for little effect. Your reply is: Democratic processes are important, and you used the wrong metaphor.

Glad to see the Understanding community remain such great ambassadors for their title.

adastra

War Hero
Too many focus on physical effect and ignore the cognitive effects. The UK decision to go kinetic will have second and third order cognitive effect. I believe these are more important than the targets on the ground.

But then Im not a total Grobag / Doorkicker fanboi.

Too many focus on physical effect and ignore the cognitive effects. The UK decision to go kinetic will have second and third order cognitive effect. I believe these are more important than the targets on the ground.

Fukking what?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Right. So the political decision was wrong. Why didn't you just say so.

May I introduce you to a fellow who may appeal?

There are much less bright people who subscribe to this site than me, but I have to confess to being completely and utterly lost with this thread.

John G does not get a look-in.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There are much less bright people who subscribe to this site than me, but I have to confess to being completely and utterly lost with this thread.

John G does not get a look-in.
If one dips a tent-ative spork beneath the surface of the cognitive soup which our dear friend and comrade @adastra has seen fit to mix, metaphors and all, then you may uncover that question, which as the mind will indubitably recall from Iago in Othello, Act II Scene 3:

"What"

Is the point of all this? Ah, young badge-holder! That some erstwhile author a mere few ones and zeros hence of this missive has inclined towards mistaking the moniker "intellectual" with "incomprehensible", and in common with the Books of Face and Instant Grams deluded himself that the merest spark of cross-neuron friction deserves a raft of verbiage and comparative metaphorogical figures of speech, like a ship made of idioms or a wordboat of seafaring phrases. (#ellenmacarthur #jackaubrey)

Here's a link in a slightly different colour to a work of great depth and significance: www.goatse.info

SO DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING?

No.

You see, that's just what happens when you post all in blue.

Last edited:

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
If one dips a tent-ative spork beneath the surface of the cognitive soup which our dear friend and comrade @adastra has seen fit to mix, metaphors and all, then you may uncover that question, which as the mind will indubitably recall from Iago in Othello, Act II Scene 3:

"What"

Is the point of all this? Ah, young badge-holder! That some erstwhile author a mere few ones and zeros hence of this missive has inclined towards mistaking the moniker "intellectual" with "incomprehensible", and in common with the Books of Face and Instant Grams deluded himself that the mere spark of cross-neuron friction deserves a raft of verbiage and comparative metaphorogical figures of speech, like a ship made of idioms or a wordboat of seafaring phrases. (#ellenmacarthur #jackaubrey)

Here's a link in a slightly different colour to a work of great depth and significance: www.goatse.info

SO DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING?

No.

You see, that's just what happens when you post all in blue.
Seasickness. It's a curse. #maturin

adastra

War Hero
Right. So the political decision was wrong. Why didn't you just say so.

May I introduce you to a fellow who may appeal?
Sarastro:

Let me try and simplify:

1. The decision to bomb was the right one.
2. You don't always need a big bomb, a big gun, or a big dick to win.
3. You stand more chance of winning in the long run, if you bring the audience with you.
4. I'm not a Corbynite*

(Sorry Army types if I have used more than 3 syllables at once)

* In almost 14 years on Arrse, (and Gladys may correct me here), this is the most despicable and slanderous insult ever levied against me.

Name your second Sir!

Mine is CR, we shall be waiting on the grass outside Repton Manor at dawn.

Weapons will be a choice of Lumocolor or slide rule.

As choice of wpn we don't get the choice of fencing with telescopic Vu-foil pointers any more then?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Name your second Sir!

Mine is CR, we shall be waiting on the grass outside Repton Manor at dawn.

Weapons will be a choice of Lumocolor or slide rule.
I'll speak to your second on m'gallant friend @Sarastro's behalf. We'll see you after NAAFI break behind the Mess Portakabins, dawn's terribly uncivilised for gentlemen like my principal.

I think you'll also find that as the challenged party, my principal enjoys the choice of weapons to be employed. I shall make some suggestions and convey his decision to the gentleman acting for you.

I've no dog in this fight, but I'm glad that standards are being maintained. CR may want to remind his Crab to put a bit of polish on his shoes.

adastra

War Hero
Never mind mine, Just out of interest, when you last see CR's shoes?