KBR and Medals

Have a cousin who worked for KBR in basra for 3 years he was on £60.000 a year tax free for plumbing. He came backhome on leave saying the soldiers were all loosers and he was better than them . He claims his equivalent rank is army captain and says all soldiers need to call him (sir). Anyways this ideot i speak off got a medal for service.

Feel free to leave your opinions because next time he starts his shit ill show him this forum and say the army lads said say your captain walt.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He is talking crap

Roger out! is an ex WO1 and was with KBR for 3 years in Basrah

RogerOut! said:
He is talking crap

Roger out! is an ex WO1 and was with KBR for 3 years in Basrah
Best bang your claim in to the KBR Medals Office ASAP then! :lol:

P-T

Considering that most of KBR are Ex squaddies, your cousin must have been really popular out there.

so, he went from fixing siht houses to being a siht house....................

sounds like an ebay ,walt, medal hunter

red_square said:
so, he went from fixing siht houses to being a siht house....................

sounds like an ebay ,walt, medal hunter
Your posts make my teeth itch.

OK perhaps some further clarification is required.

To be fair, we all got medals for being there, put in perspective we were there 3 years when most soldiers were there only 6 months and RAF 4 months at a time, I know its not the same but some of our guys were in some of the camps that were under regular attack at some points and we were getting fairly regular incoming round about when I left at end of 2006. 2 weeks after I left a mortar hit the compound I worked in and killed 3 of our staff.

I have posted pon a previous thread about the rights and wrongs of civilian contractors being awarded medals and in my view they are just as entitled as anyone else. They are actually deplyed under MoD rules and have MoD ID cards and are probably more entitled than some civvies who get them.

To be fair the rank thing probably came about because at one point the Military did an exercise to give us all equivalant ranks to allow some of us mess privileges but most didnt pay much attention to that. The same thing happenned when many of us were in Kosovo in 2000 with Hiberna FM

arnt het ops employed by kbr ?

On the subject of the thread, I don't see why civvie contractors shouldn't be entitled to medals if they meet the criteria. In all honesty, most of the time they were in as much danger in Iraq as I was. The MND (SE) memorial wall lists 9 contractors - 2 of them Brits - who were killed out there. During Telic 5, a civvie from Turner FM was killed at the front gate of Shaibah Log Base by a VBIED that also injured a few PWRR. I was in a helo transitting between the Airport and the Palace that came under fire and there were contractors on-board as well as squaddies. Says it all really.

wedge35 said:
On the subject of the thread, I don't see why civvie contractors shouldn't be entitled to medals if they meet the criteria. In all honesty, most of the time they were in as much danger in Iraq as I was. The MND (SE) memorial wall lists 9 contractors - 2 of them Brits - who were killed out there. During Telic 5, a civvie from Turner FM was killed at the front gate of Shaibah Log Base by a VBIED that also injured a few PWRR. I was in a helo transitting between the Airport and the Palace that came under fire and there were contractors on-board as well as squaddies. Says it all really.
I remember the VBIED incident.

MSI64 said:
wedge35 said:
I remember the VBIED incident.
I was out there at the same time as you then. The mortar burying itself in Subway happened around the same time if I recall correctly!

so, would the chogi lec,s be in line for a medal ?