Kazakhistan Fokker 100 crash

At least 14 killed in Bek Air Fokker 100 crash on take-off this morning( Friday 27 December)

May those who have lost their lives Rest in Peace.

Last edited:
Sky News saying 15 dead and approaching 50 injured; not sure how many of those were in the building it hit.

Horrific scenes after a plane crash in Kazakhstan. Picture: @H_Aram

Horrific scenes after a plane crash in Kazakhstan. Picture: @H_AramSource:Supplied

Mere speculation on my part but the Fokker 100 does not have leading edge slats and therefore is very susceptible to any ice contamination on the wing which will lead to a stall which is usually followed by an uncontrolled roll to the left or right depending on which wing has stalled.

Winter, fog and a crash shortly after takeoff are factors which point to a wing stall but, as I said, pure speculation on my part.

muscat_diver

Old-Salt
I am a regular traveller to Kazakhstan flying with Air Astana from Dubai to Nur-Sultan and then between Uralsk (for Karachaganak Field, Aksai), Atyrau, Almaty and by road to Aktau (Bautino Bay). With weather going down to -30 degrees the air and road conditions can be treacherous. I prefer to fly Air Astana where possible.

I am a regular traveller to Kazakhstan flying with Air Astana from Dubai to Nur-Sultan and then between Uralsk (for Karachaganak Field, Aksai), Atyrau, Almaty and by road to Aktau (Bautino Bay). With weather going down to -30 degrees the air and road conditions can be treacherous. I prefer to fly Air Astana where possible.
I can believe you re the temperatures. I was there ten years ago in Sept, at night it wasn't far off freezing, hence the regular trips to The Camel Club to keep warm.
I really enjoyed Kazakhstan, sad to hear this on the news today.

muscat_diver

Old-Salt
I can believe you re the temperatures. I was there ten years ago in Sept, at night it wasn't far off freezing, hence the regular trips to The Camel Club to keep warm.
I really enjoyed Kazakhstan, sad to hear this on the news today.
Indeed, in the depths of winter Arctic Foxes come to the drilling rigs looking for food scraps. Last winter one was found dead at the rig site, possibly from hunger/exposure. One of our biggest fears is an H2S incident at the rig or a process plant. Even though crew evacuation bus engines are left running 24/7, deep snow drifts can make escape from an H2S cloud difficult if not impossible.

I thought that AAAIT got disbanded after the member who lived in Belgium stopped posting...
The AAAIB was still working, still fully functional and still leading the way in the world of AAIs at the time of the Leicester City and the Clutha Pub Helicopter Crashes.

And anyway, it’s not difficult. The aircraft ceased flying and physics took over.

I was referring to all the experts on Pprune but I take your collective points.
You also forget the David icke experts Who will have proven
A) its fake or B) that it was a Jewish / Jewish run CIA plot to kill someone tenuously connected to nothing / create a climate of fear.

And of course C) the inevitable Look its significantly intact having hit a building and some of the buildings standing - just as you would expect - Ergo this crash (ignoring completely irrelevant information such as weights - speed, building construction and fire effects) proves that the twin towers were destroyed by missiles - ray guns - thermite - aliens - holograms or never really existed

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W The Book Club 0