• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Kayaking in Tidworth

I have just found out i am being posted to the Bulford/Tidworth area. Does anyone know of 1) Any decent rivers around the area 2) any decent clubs, or paddlers. Looked on the BCU website and the only thing i can find is to paddle canals, looking more grade 3/4. Cheers.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Assuming grade3/4 means white water type stuff? Nothing really that i know off. Either the coast or Brecon maybe the best bet. All rivers around the area are quite sedate, or are canals.

Lochie99, you PM'd me ages ago about paddling, didnt hear from you so assumed I 'd frightened you off.

Check out the Army website, The Royal Artillery have a good bunch of paddlers in Larkhill area.

You wont get much 3/4 stuff without traveling though.

Latest Threads