Kayaking/canoeing

Any other paddlers on the forum? If so what disciplines?
I used to be white water and slalom, with some surf and other bits thrown in.

Restarted paddling last year after a gap, joining my local club, and being quickly cleared as a club coach (used to coach before long break).

Took part in club slalom in October and managed to not come last, and stay upright. Then took part in another slalom on way back from holiday, capsized, and dislocated my shoulder.

Having just had the surgery (bankhart repair) to fix my shoulder which I dislocated, I am hoping to get back to paddling fairly swifty but will have to see!

Summer river and coastal surf with a bit of fishing on a SOT Perception Scooter. Would really love a Piranha Scorpio 17, but haven't got that sort of money.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

One my fifth in five years, almost exclusively sea angling. Kicked off as a 17 year old trying the Round Pompey Harbour Races, always lost to Royal Marines, sorted of wandered off off it for most of mmy married life. Got back in during my 50's, rather on, SOT's about five year ago, all models from 11' to 16'6". Tried a few different clubs but not my scene, work dictates my freedom and the weather dictates my safety. Like to play in the tidal break at Hurst Castle (Solent), 8 knots-worth on a strong day, but never had the bottle to reach the IoW solo from there. Plenty of angling festivals which turn into campsite PU's, quite a sociable atmosphere.
Mates and I do an inland freshwater trip each year, think of it as alcoholics with a kayak problem rather than the other way round. 3-4 days with overnight camps, we've done the Thames from Oxford seaward, the Wye from Wales to Chepstow, and the Basingstoke canal seaward. Dunno about this year.
Anglers Afloat is my lead website but there's plenty of touring / white water stuff out there too. If you'e down South you are welcome to pm me.

If you are signed up with H4H look at Battleback, there’s a paddling exped (Ex Timmy’s Paddle) to Bavaria.

I did it, fücking brilliant.

I used to be fit enough to do canoeing marathons and enjoyed doing the Devices to Westminster, spent a lot of time sea kayaking along the Dorset and Hampshire coastline, and around the country doing white water canoeing, with the odd bit of slalom completions thrown in

I've completely fubared one shoulder so can't do the more fun stuff these days

Hope your shoulder gets better, I've had two ops and never got my strength back in it but I seem to be unlucky in that regards, usually people get back into it ok

Age certainly isn't a limitation though, I've known people start doing marathons and slaloms in their 70's, so there is hope for us all

I used to be fit enough to do canoeing marathons and enjoyed doing the Devices to Westminster, spent a lot of time sea kayaking along the Dorset and Hampshire coastline, and around the country doing white water canoeing, with the odd bit of slalom completions thrown in

I've completely fubared one shoulder so can't do the more fun stuff these days

Hope your shoulder gets better, I've had two ops and never got my strength back in it but I seem to be unlucky in that regards, usually people get back into it ok

Age certainly isn't a limitation though, I've known people start doing marathons and slaloms in their 70's, so there is hope for us all
Yeah. I met my original coach when I did the local club slalom as my restart...considering that was nearly 20 years ago and on the other side of the country I was pleased to see her.

Shoulder is healing ok so far, thank goodness for brufen and a sling! (And codeine and paracetamol).

Physio exercises easier than I expected thus far, but next appointment with the torturers is Tuesday, so have to see from there.

I am hoping to be doing my 'New' level 2 coach course this year, so fingers crossed. Once my better half finishes her re-skilling and gets a job I will likely look to get myself a boat or 2, as well as one for the lad.