Kate McCann speaks out

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by vvaannmmaann, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For once in your life, can you post the actual story instead of just giving a link? I am on Toppers' craptop and it's slow as feck.

Much appreciated.

Mod Edit

You know that the posting of long stories takes up bandwidth on the servers and breaches copyright. MiB

2. Anything for you!

Mrs McCann made the comment about Goncalo Amaral in an interview with the Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

It is one of the first times she has spoken publicly since she was cleared as a suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

While Kate and Gerry McCann remained arguidos, or suspects, they declined to criticise the Portuguese police too openly for fear the limited contact they had with them would shut down.

Mr Amaral was sacked from the inquiry in October by the head of Portugal's police after he accused the UK police of being led by the McCanns.

After the case was officially closed, the couple said they would consider legal action against the police if they were shown to have been negligent in their investigation.

Madeleine disappeared from her parents' rented holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

Mr Amaral has since published a book about the case, A Verdade da Mentira (The Truth About The Lies), which has become a best-seller in Portugal.

In the interview, published on Saturday, Mrs McCann, 40, was asked what she thinks of Amaral and his book. She replied: "It's a disgrace."

3. msr

msr LE

After the case was officially closed, the couple said they would consider legal action against the police if they were shown to have been negligent in their investigation.

Have the couple been shown to be negligent in their child care skills?

4. As opposed to them being negligent in their parenting

5. just a little bit....

6. She turned me into a newt!

Well, I got better...

7. While they should both be hounded to the ends of the earth for being negligent (or raping/killing etc) they're bang on the money about the portuguese detective. He's a useless, self-serving cnut who appears to have failed in just about everyone of his professional capacities and has seen the chance for "big bucks" from an investigation he fcuked up.

8. Sorry Sir,The big girl made me do it!

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You jessie!
    Alowing sluggy to win you over with promises.......

10. At my age,a promise is good enough.

11. What would you do with a million pounds?

from the BBC website.

Finishes up with:

Whereas the McCann's behaviour has been what exactly? When does Clarence Mitchell's book come out btw?

I guess they would say that wouldn't they?

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Hmm Kate McCann .. enough said

13. No sure if the McCann's have the high moral ground when it comes to complaining about the professionalism of others. They are both drs, yet their neglect of their own child was little short of scandalous.

As for copyright, the reproduction of news items is permissable and exempt from copyright as per Section 30 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988

Boring, but reassuring to know that it is permissiable to reproduce a news article for new reporting amongst other issues