Kate McCann speaks out

vvaannmmaann said:
Seems the a Detective has written a book about the case.
Kate,when asked about it,said it was a "disgrace"

Pot,kettle,black?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...r-brands-Portuguese-detective-a-disgrace.html
For once in your life, can you post the actual story instead of just giving a link? I am on Toppers' craptop and it's slow as feck.

Much appreciated.

Mod Edit

You know that the posting of long stories takes up bandwidth on the servers and breaches copyright. MiB

Anything for you!

Mrs McCann made the comment about Goncalo Amaral in an interview with the Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

It is one of the first times she has spoken publicly since she was cleared as a suspect in Madeleine's disappearance.

While Kate and Gerry McCann remained arguidos, or suspects, they declined to criticise the Portuguese police too openly for fear the limited contact they had with them would shut down.

Mr Amaral was sacked from the inquiry in October by the head of Portugal's police after he accused the UK police of being led by the McCanns.

After the case was officially closed, the couple said they would consider legal action against the police if they were shown to have been negligent in their investigation.

Madeleine disappeared from her parents' rented holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

Mr Amaral has since published a book about the case, A Verdade da Mentira (The Truth About The Lies), which has become a best-seller in Portugal.

In the interview, published on Saturday, Mrs McCann, 40, was asked what she thinks of Amaral and his book. She replied: "It's a disgrace."

After the case was officially closed, the couple said they would consider legal action against the police if they were shown to have been negligent in their investigation.

Have the couple been shown to be negligent in their child care skills?

vvaannmmaann said:

."
As opposed to them being negligent in their parenting

msr said:

Have the couple been shown to be negligent in their child care skills?
just a little bit....

She turned me into a newt!

Well, I got better...

While they should both be hounded to the ends of the earth for being negligent (or raping/killing etc) they're bang on the money about the portuguese detective. He's a useless, self-serving cnut who appears to have failed in just about everyone of his professional capacities and has seen the chance for "big bucks" from an investigation he fcuked up.

The_Snail said:
vvaannmmaann said:
Seems the a Detective has written a book about the case.
Kate,when asked about it,said it was a "disgrace"

Pot,kettle,black?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...r-brands-Portuguese-detective-a-disgrace.html
For once in your life, can you post the actual story instead of just giving a link? I am on Toppers' craptop and it's slow as feck.

Much appreciated.

Mod Edit

You know that the posting of long stories takes up bandwidth on the servers and breaches copyright. MiB
Sorry Sir,The big girl made me do it!

What would you do with a million pounds?

Kate and Gerry McCann have spent more than £1m trying to find their daughter Madeleine, the couple have said.

Advertising, website costs, legal fees and payments to several detective agencies made up the bulk of the bill.

And Mrs McCann told Portuguese newspaper Expresso: "We can't set a limit. A child does not have a price. We will pay what we have to."
from the BBC website.

Finishes up with:

"All I will say about this, and because I'm not going to waste my time on Mr Amaral, is that as a professional and as a person his behaviour has been a disgrace."
Whereas the McCann's behaviour has been what exactly? When does Clarence Mitchell's book come out btw?

Mr McCann said they "profoundly regret" that someone saw in their actions the opportunity to take Madeleine, but insisted the couple had not been negligent.
I guess they would say that wouldn't they?

No sure if the McCann's have the high moral ground when it comes to complaining about the professionalism of others. They are both drs, yet their neglect of their own child was little short of scandalous.

As for copyright, the reproduction of news items is permissable and exempt from copyright as per Section 30 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988

30. Criticism, review and news reporting

(1) Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of criticism or review, of that or
another work or of a performance of a work, does not infringe any
copyright in the work provided that it is accompanied by a sufficient
acknowledgement and provided that the work has been made available to
the public.
Boring, but reassuring to know that it is permissiable to reproduce a news article for new reporting amongst other issues

Latest Threads