Kaspersky or Norton

#1
I usually use Norton Anti-Virus but I've been looking through the forces discounts catalogue that was sat in our SSAFA office and there is a good deal on Kaspersky Anti-Virus (55% off!).
Is it any good? The anti-virus that is, the discount is cracking!
 
#2
MSR will be along in a min, so I'll steal his advice and pretend to look intelligent.

Microsoft Security Essentials, crackin works for me!

And it's free!
 
#4
leveller said:
MSR will be along in a min, so I'll steal his advice Ask your PSI ?

Microsoft Security Essentials, crackin works for me!

And it's free!
I had Norton and in common with many others I found it slowed my PC down so removed it. Have bitdefender which I am quite happy with.
 
#6
jack-daniels said:
I usually use Norton Anti-Virus but I've been looking through the forces discounts catalogue that was sat in our SSAFA office and there is a good deal on Kaspersky Anti-Virus (55% off!).
Is it any good? The anti-virus that is, the discount is cracking!
I use to use Kaspersky but did not find that good ,I have now changed to Norton Anti-Virus which i think is excellent .
 
#7
smudge67 said:
Use Avast, it's free.

Don't go near Norton.
What he said. I've used Avast and AdAware on XP and Vista machines and had no problems.

Never pay for software :)
 
#8
check said:
jack-daniels said:
I usually use Norton Anti-Virus but I've been looking through the forces discounts catalogue that was sat in our SSAFA office and there is a good deal on Kaspersky Anti-Virus (55% off!).
Is it any good? The anti-virus that is, the discount is cracking!
I use to use Kaspersky but did not find that good ,I have now changed to Norton Anti-Virus which i think is excellent .
CHUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!


I followed msr's guru like advice and switched to microsoft security essentials too...its fab!!
 
#11
Norton is ironically one of the worst feckers you can use, not least because it's the first the naughty little buggers out there bypass first - market share and all that.
Avast is lush, have at it.
 
#12
Kaspersky worked fine for me until a few weeks ago, now it won't upload the latest virus databases, went through their support system which is harder to get to the end of than it is to find an E-Mail address in Amazon! in the end after signing up for a support membership for the support site I finally received a reply, I had to upload a couple of programmes to check the computer out then upload two file logs, in the end they said it looked like my computer clock was out of synch which it wasn't! it then seemed to load the databases for a couple of days before resorting back to the crap I now have that constantly shows 0% database updates and it's turning into a bit of a mare!

In Summary - Don't touch Kaspersky it is Shoite! :x
 
#13
two_of_seven said:
AVG have a free version if you look around their site, seems to work fine for home users
I found the new update of AVG REALLY slowed my system down...shame because I'd used it trouble-free for years!
 
#14
bigbird67 said:
two_of_seven said:
AVG have a free version if you look around their site, seems to work fine for home users
I found the new update of AVG REALLY slowed my system down...shame because I'd used it trouble-free for years!
When it went from 7.5 onwards it became crap and slow.
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#16
This one obviously:


Isn't the other one a bloke?
 
#18
GrizzlyPanda said:
jack-daniels said:
I'm getting confused now (which isn't hard!)
I'll make it simples.
Most is shite, especially if it costs dosh. Even some of the good stuff is now crap and slow. Use Avast.
Or the one written by the OS manufacturer, which is free for commercial use as well.
 
#19
leveller said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
jack-daniels said:
I'm getting confused now (which isn't hard!)
I'll make it simples.
Most is shite, especially if it costs dosh. Even some of the good stuff is now crap and slow. Use Avast.
Or the one written by the OS manufacturer, which is free for commercial use as well.
but carries a bit more risk for the same reason I mentioned about Norton.
 
#20
I had no end of dramas with Kaspersky when I chose it over Norton last year. It was so super-safe that it even stopped my laptop accessing my internet dongle or anything else that I tried to plug in. The help line was as much use as mammaries on a mullet with none of the recommendations being of any use at all.

Admittedly, I am a bit of an IT biff but things seemed to run much more smoothly when I'd replaced the bloody thing.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jack-daniels Gaming and Software 32
msr Gaming and Software 1
blue-sophist Gaming and Software 17

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top