Karzei, slimey backslider?

I know these things, I'd still like someone to cut his head off though.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

F

Flash Back

I know these things, I'd still like someone to cut his head off though.
I think you're wrong.

What loyalty/duty has Afghan President Karzai got to you?

The ones who should be beheaded are our politicians, who did have a duty to us.

Our mistake, not Karzai's (slimy little thieving m.f. that he is).

He has milked us since the day we put him in power, and now we are leaving he's telling us to fcuk off. We are the fcuking idiots for watching it all going on and saying or doing nothing.

I've often said we should hold our politicians and commanders accountable for our failures in recent campaigns however the difference for me between them and karzai is that generally they're incompetent and he's deceitful.

I know he's playing politics when he makes noises about the pain ISAF has brought the country and the havoc it's troops have wrought but his ingratitude for the money spent, people damaged and lives lost still pisses me off.

Irrespective of how our latest afghan adventure pans out I hope that something very unpleasant befalls him.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

simbo

LE
As he dislikes the Americans so much will he be returning the millions of dollars he and his family have skimmed whilst being in power. After all- it is tainted money supplied by Unbelievers.

F

Flash Back

As he dislikes the Americans so much will he be returning the millions of dollars he and his family have skimmed whilst being in power. After all- it is tainted money supplied by Unbelievers.
Millions?? Think it is Billions.

I could name $650 Million from just one scam in one year by karzai's brother (afghan national bank).

......... In the best of all possible worlds, when India finally has had enough, they won't stop at Peshawar but will push on to Kabul and Herat. Watch Brother Taleb play his little games with the Sikhs or the Indian Goorkhas.
They will have to be quick to beat the little yellow slant-eyed armies as they move in to exploit the resources. The taliban won't get within 20 miles of the mines and convoy routes back to China. The Red Army won't pay much attention to hearts and minds or cultural awareness - scorched earth all the way east. The islamic world will be praying for the return of crusades!

Ah well it had to come. Our reason for being there wasn't exactly cast iron and Kharzai will be watching his back as would any other puppet.

They will have to be quick to beat the little yellow slant-eyed armies as they move in to exploit the resources. The taliban won't get within 20 miles of the mines and convoy routes back to China. The Red Army won't pay much attention to hearts and minds or cultural awareness - scorched earth all the way east. The islamic world will be praying for the return of crusades!
The Russians were pretty ruthless in the '80s. It didn't seem to help them much. Granted no-one is likely to provide the Taliban with as much support as was provided to the Mujahadeen in the '80s but still....do you really think a Chinese military intervention in Afghanistan is on the cards?

Clemtex

Clanker
No red army on the African continent but the Chinese seem to have sucked out what the colonials left behind and all without any great expendature. They take a less intrusive approach which doesn't seem to trouble the West and gets results. No Chinese guys loosing life and limb for better returns than us, I'd suggest they are the masters of the new game.

Well at least Karzai has been up front about releasing Taliban prisoners and starting dialogue with their leaders.

He hasn't resorted to secret letters granting immunity from prosecution.

FEASG

LE
Sensible plan by the Taliban, The most damaging part of any fighting, during the last 30 odd years, was the civil war. They will be keen to arrange an orderly transfer of power.

Fist with elections providing sympathetic (to them) candidates, and followed with NATO gone they just march in and take over ANSF become subordinate to them. No doubt parts of the ANSF will resist but due to ethnic lines rather than as a unified national defence force.

The West became irrelevant as soon as we announced a planned end to combat Ops. No amount of talk about Sandhurst in the Sand or any other bollocks ,by the MOD, will change this.

My money is on Abdul Sayyaf 'winning' the election, which will basically mean that except for spilling a lot of blood and wasting Billions we won't have achieved fcuk all.
Not 'billions wasted' but in the pockets of the industries that supply war.

UK all Day

Swinger
The Afghan culture is too proud and nationalistic (well tribalistic anyway) to welcome American/NATO support so anyone that openly does so is seen as anti-Afghan. Karzei obviously had no choice and needed our help initially, but now that the ANA are taking over and our boys and girls are taking a back seat he can afford to denounce us and thus appeal to his people without losing vital military support.

We've invested too heavily to back out because of some snide political remarks and he knows this. Let him rant, the Taliban would only welcome his head on a plate, he can't betray us, he'll remain a loyal puppet to the West he knows which side his falafel is buttered.

Not 'billions wasted' but in the pockets of the industries that supply war.
And don't forget the contracting companies who have done very, very well out of both adventures in the sand...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GordonBrown Current Affairs, News and Analysis 82

Latest Threads