Karzais cousin killed by NATO

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim24, Mar 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Hot off the press, well Michael Yon really

Karzai's cousin killed by NATO-led forces | Pajhwok Afghan News

KABUL(PAN): A cousin of President Hamid Karzai was shot dead by NATO-led troops during an overnight operation in southern Kandahar province, the provincial council chief said on Thursday.

Haji Yar Mohammad Khan was mistakenly killed as foreign troops pursued insurgents in the Karz area of Dand district, Ahmad Wali Karzai, half-brother of the president, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

The governor's spokesman, Zalmay Ayubi, confirmed the incident which he said was being investigated. He gave no further details.

2. As usual, there is a little more to it than the initial report suggests.

3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

yeah the tribe is very corrupt and have their fingers in allsorts of dealings.

I still think they picked karzai because someone had been watching stargate and thought he was the tribal leader

Attached Files:

4. Bloody mistaken identity again :pissedoff:

I suppose all these Karzais' all look a like? :wink:

5. Is it Karsai or Karzi?

6. Just a bit. Coming from that family he was probably their selling them weapons or collecting bribes.

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

If they can just aim off for his brother now, he might get the ****ing message and do one.

8. Or even up to his eyeballs in drugs like the rest of the clan. Alledgedly...

9. My initial reaction was that this was the rehearsal for the "removal from office" of President Karzai. However maybe we should keep him, at least for the time being. Better the Karzai you know than the one you don't.

10. roll of the dice really on that one.

11. The Khazi of Kalibul is still 'on the jobbie'....