Karzai using aid money "to buy villas" in Dubai?

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by vvaannmmaann, Sep 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear it seems the Afghan's are behaving just like our own sleek bankers, sounds just like feckin Anglo Irish Bank in its prime.

2. The difference being that our own sleek bankers are not on the clock to flee their native lands ahead of summary execution, possibly by decapitation.

B

3. So What's new??? Can't say, I'm gob-smacked, or even gobbed by it.

Nothing has really changed in the last 2000 years and nothing will.

Maybe I'm just a teeny weeny bit cynical these days after having worked in the Middle East & Africa the last 20 odd years! (& some of them have been ODD!)

4. 'To Buy Villas'? What's with the future tense? He's already got half a dozen or so on The Palm.

5. I was more shocked at the article to the side which had the incredible news that the Pope is in fact a catholic...

Karzai and his minions are (allegedly) stunningly corrupt. My take is that they are feathering their nest eggs, so that when we leave and the whole country collapses, they can go and live a life of luxury in the UAE, and not get the Mussolini treatment.

6. They're saying the feckers are into us for €25bn now, some reckon it'll go to €35bn. Decapitation is too good for them.

7. Karzai and his minions are (allegedly) stunningly corrupt. My take is that they are feathering their nest eggs, so that when we leave and the whole country collapses, they can go and live a life of luxury in the UAE, and not get the Mussolini treatment.[/QUOTE]

Bang on! The writing is on the Wall, just like those South Vietnamese tinpot leaders.

8. A nice villa next door to Mugabes clan, they could share the cost of security.

9. We call it Bribery and Corruption.
    They call it a way of life.

john

10. There's probably some serial Villa owners in the area who might be more simpatico, the Afghan skim is slim compared to what the Ali Baba's of Baghdad and Erbil have harvested.

Linky
    Iraqi justice was swift and merciless, after a confession the courts acquitted the Abd al-Falah Sudani. He and al Maliki are very good friends, the PM looks after his friends and is known for such interventions. Last I heard the former trade minister was off to the preferred destination of the worlds comfortably retired kleptocrats, London.

He is of course not a lonely bad apple. It's been estimated about 10% of Iraq's GDP is trousered this way. In 09 Iraq's GDP was $112 billion, Afghanistan's just $14 billion, do the math, the oil revenues aren't even flowing properly yet. What ever happens to the country in a decade or two sticky fingered Iraqi MPs will probably be as thicker on the ground in Mayfair than the thieving Russian oligarchs that infest the place at the moment.

11. "Honest...... I only borrowed 50 Rupees for a Chicken Curry sandwich....!"

Attached Files: