• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

KartForce - Karting for Injured Troops

Hi
Our lads have a variety of injuries, mostly amputees. With hand controls we've designed, we race against non-injured drivers on a totally level playing field.

In our first outdoor endurance race, we started 10th out of 16 teams and finished 6th. We could've taken 4th place but lost 4 mins when our kart broken down and had to be replaced. In our second outdoor endurance race we came 4th.

Credit - Northampton Chronicle & Echo - Kelly Cooper.jpg

Our next race is against 34 teams in the Inter-Services Karting Championships on Sat 30th June at RAF Little Rissington. This is the first time a team of injured troops has entered this event. And we're going to blow our fellow service personnel away as we're aiming to win this race!

Here's a short video that explain what we do, shows you how the hand controls work and shows you a few of the lads racing...

KARTFORCE

On Mon 9th & Tue 10th July we'll be setting a new 24 hour World Record. Next year a new team of injured lads will then attempt to break it, and so on year after year. A triple amputee lad also wants to set a new 24 hr World Record karting with 1 hand only. Full details of this event is on our web site - direct link below.

Dual World Record Attempts

We'd really appreciate any support you can give in the form of a donation so we can keep getting more injured lads karting and experiencing the massive adrenalin buzz of racing. Here's a link to where you can make a donation - thank you!

KartForce World Record Attempt is fundraising for KartForce

If you need more info, check out our website, buy a T-shirt or send us an email - dave@kartforce.org

For what it's worth I'd like to add my endorsement to KartForce. Dave and his team do a great job with a fraction of the funding that many service charities get.

In case anybody is wondering about the importance of schemes such as KartForce it's a slice of normality, somewhere where injured troops can race on a par with able bodied people in an enjoyable way, it's also a welcome distraction and stress reliever.

Personally I haven't taken Dave up on offer of taking part, they need to establish a heavy weight division or indeed change to TruckForce - then I'm your man!

Please support this as best you can.