KartForce - Karting for Injured Troops

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by KartForce, Jun 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Our lads have a variety of injuries, mostly amputees. With hand controls we've designed, we race against non-injured drivers on a totally level playing field.

In our first outdoor endurance race, we started 10th out of 16 teams and finished 6th. We could've taken 4th place but lost 4 mins when our kart broken down and had to be replaced. In our second outdoor endurance race we came 4th.

Credit - Northampton Chronicle & Echo - Kelly Cooper.jpg

Our next race is against 34 teams in the Inter-Services Karting Championships on Sat 30th June at RAF Little Rissington. This is the first time a team of injured troops has entered this event. And we're going to blow our fellow service personnel away as we're aiming to win this race!

Here's a short video that explain what we do, shows you how the hand controls work and shows you a few of the lads racing...

On Mon 9th & Tue 10th July we'll be setting a new 24 hour World Record. Next year a new team of injured lads will then attempt to break it, and so on year after year. A triple amputee lad also wants to set a new 24 hr World Record karting with 1 hand only. Full details of this event is on our web site - direct link below.

Dual World Record Attempts

We'd really appreciate any support you can give in the form of a donation so we can keep getting more injured lads karting and experiencing the massive adrenalin buzz of racing. Here's a link to where you can make a donation - thank you!

KartForce World Record Attempt is fundraising for KartForce

If you need more info, check out our website, buy a T-shirt or send us an email - dave@kartforce.org
  2. For what it's worth I'd like to add my endorsement to KartForce. Dave and his team do a great job with a fraction of the funding that many service charities get.

In case anybody is wondering about the importance of schemes such as KartForce it's a slice of normality, somewhere where injured troops can race on a par with able bodied people in an enjoyable way, it's also a welcome distraction and stress reliever.

Personally I haven't taken Dave up on offer of taking part, they need to establish a heavy weight division or indeed change to TruckForce - then I'm your man!

Please support this as best you can.