Karoke Rage!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chimera, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

2. Karaoke singers should be stabbed before they start singing.

3. I believe that theres a law of physics that enables you to calculate exactly how long it will be from entering a karaoke bar until someone sings 'Mustang Sally'...

4. I can guarantee there will always be at least one fecking cnut who sings fukcing "Angels"!!!!!!!! Makes my fecking p1ss fizz

5. LOL! Especially when they get to the 'aaand through it aaallllllllll...' bit when their voice is exposed as being completely unable to handle it sounding more like 'aaaaaa-uuuurrrrgggg-allll!'

6. EXACTLY!!!!!!!! Makes me want to start frisbee-ing fekcing ashtrays. Tw@s!!

7. I dunno if it's just my personal observation, but the geezers seem to get the urge to sing "My Way", while the biddies like dancing around their handbags murdering "I Will Survive".

I makes you wanna stab yourself repeatedly in the throat with cocktail forks.

MsG

8. Normally followed straight after with "Mac the knife".......which is one of the worst songs I've evere heard!

9. Aparently police believe the man to be a local resident as forensic tests show the knife still had butter on it ...... :roll:

SORRY...

10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Proof positive that the BBC is run by the nanny-state government. I'm all for background information, but talk about stating the obvious. How thick do they think we all are?

In other news, police are pursuing an armed robber in Oxford, a town in England. The man was seen fleeing the scene dressed in a balaclava (a woolen piece of headwear that covers the face, revealing only the eyes and mouth), a green overcoat of a similar colour to grass or the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, blue jeans (made of denim) and a form of sports footwear, known as trainers, which assist the wear in running.

11. As a general rule, Filipinos take their Karaoke seriously.... life and death seriously. I've heard them rehearsing before, over and over complete with hnad actions, looking soulfully into the (nonexistent) camera and generally dreaming of being the next frigging Pop Idol.

There are a stack of karaoke bars in Dubai, each one worse than the last apparently. I won't go into them voluntarily, but on this particular occasion, a mates going away party, I was forced to go into one.

Of course, most people take it very lightly indeed, shouting, swearing, the usual. This place however, had a large contingent of flippers (asians, not thalidomiders) all with a steely look in their eye in their determination to sing Gloria Estefan better than anyone else. We have to sit through endless repetitions of power-chick-ballads, from the Whitney Houstons to Gwen Stefani, all sung with such earnestness you might actually believe they wrote it themselves.
    The night was going steadily downhill until one of the more evil minded of my mates saved the day.
    Stealing the second microphone with a swift move, it was hidden amongst our group who all began to add much more interesting sound effects and lyrics to the drek being sung.
    "The greeeeaaatest <ARRRRRRSSSSSE> of all...."
    ""And isn't it ironic... <NO! YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD> don't you think" <Raspberry noises>

etc.....

Closest I've been to getting the shit kicked out of me by a pack of miniskirted Filipinos since I tried to use Monopoly money in that Manila strip club.

12. Some people i've heard sound like they are getting stabbed while 'performing'.

13. In Japan that's probably the case.

14. Personally I'm quite fond of a spot of kareoke? after 12 pints :D ..a splendid evening imho.