Karen Matthews Jailed

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ritch, Jan 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The mother of Shannon Matthews has been jailed for kidnapping her own daughter in an attempt to claim reward money.

Both were jailed for eight years by a judge at Leeds Crown Court who said the offences were "truly despicable".

Eight years is way too light. What a joke our justice system is.

2. Owww dear my heart bleeds for the Evil cow
  3. Eight years may be too light, but I'm surprised she got more than 2!
  4. Balls was going to add something of a similar ilk in my post. Afraid I agree with you on that one
  5. Radio 1 news (not seen mentioned anywhere else) reported that 6h worth of interview tapes of Shannon were not shown to the court. On these tapes Shannon make reference to meeting a number of family members while being held. Looks like this thing isnt over yet and a few more accomplices are to be found.

Got to love that quote.

Edit to add - chocolate_frog great mind think alike
  6. So they aren´t master criminals then 8)

Ahh, Mr Bond.
  7. I don't live in England and haven't been caught up with all the hype surrounding the case, but the crime doesn't seem that bad to me, am I wrong?

They are both a pair of dribbling cretins who deserve to banged up for a bit, but they didn't kill or fiddle with a child. They didn't successfully defraud banks and taxpayers to the tune of billions like our bankers.

They just had a ridiculous plan concocted during some drug addled stupour and a girl spent a week in a room playing computer games.

Hardly Myra Hindley stuff.
    But, newspapers need selling I suppose...

Vile, wicked, cruel, unbelievable............No, just a pair of f*cking morons.
  8. Yes I also think that drugging your own child for months before imprisoning her with some bloke she barely knows for weeks (not a week) that you should receive a caution at worst.
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

In a society where fraud is more often than not considered a white collar crime - attracting token gesture sentencing - this is a welcome change. But as mentioned, thats proabably more likely to have happened because of the drugging of the sprog and the massive media/public interest. Bet they probably just wanted to give her a community service order, a tag or a slap on the wrists - thats more in line with current policy, right?
  10. To be honest Karen Matthews deserves everything she gets, she should have known only the ugly ones always turn up alive
  11. And she didn't even get to Portugal.
  12. She'll be out in 3. 8 year sentence cut in half, plus the time spent on remand. She'll be out and available to take up the post of Olympic hide and seek assistant coach for London.
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

What with gerry Mcunt being lead coach.
  14. It must be true, 'twere all round Asda's