Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kali Linux & raspberry Pi

Have a spare Pi. Have read a bit about Kali linux. Just for curiosity sake, could/ how would I go about hacking say my own PC? Probably seems a bone question to those in the know. Just something I’ve read about and it’s intrigued me.
# I know jack $hit about proper coding etc, and don’t want to do anything illegal. Just wondering if this sort of thing is as simple as it sounds.

#I realise I don’t know what I don’t know!

@Victorian_Major also who I think once mentioned ran Kali

Have a spare Pi. Have read a bit about Kali linux. Just for curiosity sake, could/ how would I go about hacking say my own PC? Probably seems a bone question to those in the know. Just something I’ve read about and it’s intrigued me.
# I know jack $hit about proper coding etc, and don’t want to do anything illegal. Just wondering if this sort of thing is as simple as it sounds.

No problem.

Which bit of your PC would you like to hack?

no_idea

War Hero
There are plenty of Youtube videos to instruct you.

Hacking? Bit of elbow grease for 5 minutes and you're there.

Thing is.. I don’t know what I want to “hack”. Was just curiosity of what was actually achievable (at beginner level) and, if I could actually learn something from it.

I have a spare pc with WiFi, and also a spare Pi that has WiFi

There are plenty of Youtube videos to instruct you.
I’m not sure you quite understand how arrse works but, thanks for the tip :)

it's been a while since I played with anything like Kali. I assume it's similar to Knoppix STD (security tools distribution?) Which came with some tools not found on other distro's, like John the Ripper, Nmap, Ethereal and other such stuff. All of which can be used for illegal activities but are very helpful to a Network Security Admin.

The days of "Netbios Attack" are long gone. Thankfully, as that was a piece of piss. Things are much harder these days. There is still shit loads of stuff you can play with though.

Have a look at "Sub 7" install on your PC and play with it. Mind if you have it, others may be able to use it. Though in fairness you can't just run it these days, as windows will block it, if you want to play you can tell windows to wind its neck in. Just be warned.

There are also websites you can play on, they have challenges, like, "What is the password for the next page" The first challenge is normally quite easy. Look at the HTML code, the password is in clear text, So you progress to page 2, this time the password may be encoded, etc. These sights can be quite educational and fun.

no_idea

War Hero
I’m not sure you quite understand how arrse works but, thanks for the tip :)

You mean where someone starts a sensible thread, gets a couple of sensible replies, then one of the usual suspects posts off-topic, the handbags come out, perceived grievances get created or amplified, that result in ad hominem attacks and button mashing ad nauseum, with sock-puppets piling in on both sides, until a Mod arrives with a ban hammer and ROPs?

Raspberry pi meet yesterday. The organiser always sets a hacking challenge, my youngest always wins it. This time he disabled the firewall and then jumped into Minecraft sessions, taking screenshots to prove he was there. All done with Raspbian full, he only uses Kali when he's determined!

The two year software developer course at college, with links to a certain doughnut shaped building, certainly helped him. It comes in very useful when I have madcap ideas.

If you're wondering what you can do, have a look at WiFi probe request monitoring. When someone strange gets near your house, log their home WiFi SSID then go and sit outside their house :)

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads