Kajaki The Movie - 20% Off With ID Card

Bad CO

Admin
I suspect most ARRSE users are aware of the events of 6 Sep 2006 (doesn't that seem like an age ago?) which led to Cpl Mark Wright of 3 Para losing his life and winning a posthumous George Cross. There have certainly been a number of threads on the topic over the years.

This has now been made into a movie which is just about to open in cinemas. We've been contacted to let us know that you can get 20% off the ticket price at any Vue cinema if you show them your ID card.

T&Cs - For those in the forces, Vue Cinemas are offering up to 20% discount on full ticket prices for the film (valid at all participating Vue cinemas, discount is for cardholder only and on production of a Standard Forces ID card, offer is only applicable to in person bookings.)

Last edited:
Yesterday in the HoC:
Dan Jarvis (Barnsley Central) (Lab) said:
May I commend to Ministers the film “Kajaki”? It is a brutal but brilliant account of soldiering on the front line in Afghanistan, and, as such, should be seen by all in this House. Will the Secretary of State consider going to see the film?

Michael Fallon said:
I understand the importance of the film, which conveys very dramatically the very difficult circumstances that our forces had to overcome. I will certainly take the hon. Gentleman up on that suggestion.

Datsun 120Y

Old-Salt
I suspect most ARRSE users are aware of the events of 6 Sep 2006 (doesn't that seem like an age ago?) which led to Cpl Mark Wright of 3 Para losing his life and winning a posthumous George Cross. There have certainly been a number of threads on the topic over the years.

This has now been made into a movie which is just about to open in cinemas. We've been contacted to let us know that you can get 20% off the ticket price at any Vue cinema if you show them your ID card.

T&Cs - For those in the forces, Vue Cinemas are offering up to 20% discount on full ticket prices for the film (valid at all participating Vue cinemas, discount is for cardholder only and on production of a Standard Forces ID card, offer is only applicable to in person bookings.)

Is it right about needing a MoD 90? According to the DDS card site, VUE discount is for all DDS holders (card holder only) not just current serving

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/?p=offerdetails&cid=3281

Seen it tonight. 20 % discount at Vue with ID. Authentic and realistic.

jimmyoc

Old-Salt
Hi, tickets are only £4.99 so its not going to break the bank, so go to the cinema and support the film Kajaki.

I have seen it. It has to be the best war film ever made. Jeremy Clarkson thought so to. Cannot recommend it enough. There should be a review on this site. Has anyone out there seen it as well? The humour and the story telling was fantastic. Total edge of seat stuff. BRILLIANT. Will go again this weekend as the 20% forces discount is still available for a short time.

Great film if you like the sort of thing, and perfectly suited to its limited budget. It wouldn't surprise me if it transferred to the stage at some point.

Not exactly first date material, although you never can tell. As an opening gambit I took my missus (des) to see some French film about female SOE agents having their fingernails pulled out, and still managed to cop off. Winner. That was probably my awesome sexual magnetism at work, though. Or maybe her lack of morals... She is ginger after all ;-)

Thanks Charlie Cong. The movie message is very serious, but can see that no woman could resist a man in uniform after see this. Another reason to go!

Great film if you like the sort of thing, and perfectly suited to its limited budget.

One of the producers, Andrew de Lotbiniere has described the manner in which cash was harvested for this film. He describes it as 'crowd funding' and using social media outlets managed to persuade some 700 souls invest their cash in the film. No promises were made that they would see a return on their investment other than if the movie showed a profit.

I really liked the way they did it, I even saw some fundraising on LinkedIn, basically on the premise that "you're military veterans, help us tell the story. You can trust us to do it in a way you'll approve of."

FWIW it worked for me - I stumped up some cash ( no mean feat given I'm from Yorkshire ) and enjoyed ( if thats the word ) the film.

A cousin of mine was recently extolling the virtues of "The Thin Red Line" as a war film. I could see where he's coming from, but there are films featuring war and War Films - Kajaki falls into the latter category. I'm glad it did, its a small category and few ( I can only think of Warriors, Armadillo and Restrepo ) which keep it company there.

Latest Threads