Juvenile law

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by worm-on-a-stick, Nov 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question for those with the knowledge of the law.

I know a 15-year-old girl who wishes to join the army as a girl solider at 16, however, tonight she assaulted a PC and is looking at a charge of GBH due to breaking his nose. Whilst being classed as a minor, if this charge goes ahead and she is convicted of this incident will this affect her future chances of joining up. Does she have to wait a ‘cooling off’ period or, as a minor does this not count. An ex WPC is tempted to offer a reference of good conduct, however should she give this to the police if this charge goes ahead or, should it be given to the mob when she decides to join up.

Any help appreciated.

Worm.

2. She sounds like a really nice girl, assaulting a PC and breaking his nose! Don't think she'll be able to join up when she's 16 cos hopefully she'll be in a young offenders institute!

3. Come now, there could be a perfectly good reason why the PC was given a broken nose.

4. Sounds like she has problems with people in authority. Just the type the army needs :roll:

5. Sounds like a lovely lass! Just what HM Forces need. Perhaps she should hire a dodgy brief and sue the MOD for discrimination, bound to be worth a few grand, roll up, roll up...the band wagon is leaving shortly, free for all to jump on!!!!

6. Lets not condem the lass to quickly, she might have a really good excuse for breaking a PC's nose. Was she possesed but a demon at the time (how would that stand up in court?) Whats the full story, I feel like a giggle this morning.

7. I agree with Cowboy Bob.

Perhaps she has a major coke habit. We let them in the army now, don't we?

8. "Cos he was dissin' me b!tches"....no wait that's my excuse. :oops:

9. She was wearing loud clothing after 11 pm at night and being in possession of an offensive boyfriend!!!

10. So far we have a 15 year old girl with a major coke habit, loud clothing, possesed by satan him self and dating a chav who can't score with girls his own age?

The big question is will she be up the duff before her 16th birthday!

11. Bob I think you've hit the nail on the head, 15 year old coke head etc. probably has at least 1 x sprog already, maybe more?? Answer - service families accomodation!! A roof over your head at a knock down price without even having to play by the same rules as the rest of us and get married first! cynical possibly?

12. Coke habit, satanic,violent and no respect for authority.

Sounds like some of my Cadets.

13. She will tell the beak at her trial that she wants to join the army and plead not to be treated as a bad girl in case it stops her joining up. Hence a more lenient view from the court. :?:

14. ITS2 and there was me thinking I was cynical!!!

15. Does the chav realise she is underage or did she say she was older?

Or is the boyfriend just a front? is she gay? in which we may need to consider a MQ for her and her partner (see relevant thread).

:)