Justice for Wounded Campaign

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ex-Grenadier, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst our corrupt & venal MPs have ignored public anger over the expenses system by quietly introducing new rules which allow them to claim up to £9,125 a year without producing any receipts, they are forcing Service personnel injured while serving their country to fight for compenstation under unfair, inconsistent and arbitrary Government rules. See Daily Telegraph for details of its Justice for Wounded campaign.

According to Greek myth, the fifth of twelve labours set for the hero Hercules was the stupendous challenge of cleaning out, in a single day, the giant heaps of dung that had accumulated in the stables of Augeas. The task facing those who would cleanse the stinking mountains of corruption within Britain's political establishment is of a similar Herculean scale.

It is scarcely possible to overstate the impact of the revelations about MPs & MEPs expenses that are emerging daily. Here is incontrovertible proof of the longstanding & popular contention that the current British political class is institutionally corrupt, dishonest, self-serving and contemptuous of the British people.

In the ancient myth, Hercules fulfilled his labour in a single day by diverting a great cleansing river through the stinking Augean stables. In our own time, the General Election is the day when British voters will have the chance to send a raging torrent of renewal coursing through Britain's putrid corridors of power. In the meantime, I totally support the DT’s Justice for Wounded campaign and wish more power to its elbow.

2. I find it absolutely incredible that a National Newspaper has to instigate a campaign, on behalf or the Great British Public to fight for a justice that one would have thought, would be the natural first recourse of a grateful Government, to those who have carried out this Government's foreign policy on their behalf.

Join here

3. Very true M. If it hadn't been for the DT the corruption over MPs expenses claims would probably not have come to light.

4. And on Question time they claim that the press has been victimising them. They are just self serving scum without any shred of honour or decency. They make me want to vomit.

5. I cannot explain my outrage, how effin low are these wonkers going to go before we can get rid of them

6. Just when you think they cannot sink any lower, they prove they can. Utterly disgraceful.

Edit to add: Thank you Markintime for the link

7. I'm just glad that my War Pension covers some of the fkin thousands I pay a year in tax to the BroonGuv.Uk
    Then again I'm up for review in September so I will probably owe the Tax Orifice even more :x

8. Politicians = scum

9. Totaly agree. ----- Done.

10. Thanks for the link, done.

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Channel 4 news are covering the 'issue' tonight at 1900Hrs.......
    stand by.

12. Yup good link, followed it myself. This just reinforces my negative view that politicians are all cowardly, selfish arse wipes. Its disgusting that they think they can get away with this sort of thing

13. On my way home from work last night, I limped past a group of MP's and sychophants having a p$ss up near Great Peter street in Westminster. Not one of the Kuntz would move for me or let me pass so I had to walk into the road to get by. No problem I thought, at least they were enjoying their drinks, Fags and cigars at our expense. Oh the irony..

14. Says it all really dont it. I wonder if they'd be so arrogant at the NAAFI?

15. Difficult not to wonder if the politicians are having a competition among themselves "How Low Can U Go?" - which they'll turn into a game show on channel 4 next year for a 2nd income. The expenses scandal was obviously just a warm up in preparation for this latest effort. When I first heard on the radio I just took it to be a spoof, I honestly didn't think it was serious, that not even this lot would sink so low, silly me!

Suggest you keep the next bit quiet in case it gives them ideas: Wouldn't be surprised if before long being flown out is by Ryan Air. You'll get a 10% discount if you're a member of the Armed Forces, but get charged extra on the way back if you're in a wheelchair/on a stretcher. Bandages and dressing etc will be for sale from the trolley duty free after they've finished serving teas and coffees.

Hope I'm not out order writing this, has been years since I served (R.E.) but can't help feeling urinated off on your behalfs. Have now got mixed feeling - on the one hand I miss it - on the other I see how you're being treated and am glad I'm out.