• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Just Wondering

I am from NZ and hoping to join the army as an officer, while at university does anyone know whether joing the TA or the UOTC will benefit me more when i go to the AOSB that is if they help me in the first place....being in the TA i will be a soldier

cpunk

LE
The benefit of being in either the TA or the OTC is that it will introduce you to different styles of leadership and get you thinking about such things in a military way. However, the truth is that AOSB is designed to be a level playing field for candidates, whether they've come from a military background or they've hardly seen a green uniform in their lives.

rycal129 said:
I am from NZ and hoping to join the army as an officer, while at university does anyone know whether joing the TA or the UOTC will benefit me more when i go to the AOSB that is if they help me in the first place....being in the TA i will be a soldier
I think both would help, but I would personally recommend the OTC because it is easier to structure training nights etc. around your degree

Latest Threads