Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Just when you thought Jack Monroe had disappeared....

Achievement requires effort - get reading.
I've read lots over the years and I'm a bit bored of it. I've no wish to read something to win a ready meal as I don't have a microwave and all these sort of people bore me lots now. They seem to be constantly upset about something, maybe they need to do Yoga or something, certainly won't help them if I read the essays they write, not many read the ones I did I expect; and I've got qualifications.

Well she got your pulse racing, be wary of wasted heartbeats...
Don’t mistake an interest in contemporary populist left wing politics for something that gets my heart racing, I’m just interested in peoples’ views, outside the NAAFI.

Note that if you think I’m animated by this stuff, I err towards despising the far right, people like Monroe at least seem to have their heart in the right place (ish).

I lack the concentration to read all that she writes, was it good?
Just read the comments. They're hilarious and they all boil down to Jack, I'd love to suck your co...<LeighDay>WE ARE LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES FOR MELISSA HADJICOSTAS. <JackMonroe>Feck off I'm non binary and my name is Jack. I'm suing.</JackMonroe>PLEASE FORWARD YOUR BANK CARD, PIN NUMBER AND MOTHER'S MAIDEN SURNAME TO AVOID LEGAL ACTION</LeighDay>

She could perhaps pursue the father of her child for some financial support.
"And the father is?"
"Err some soldiers...from a tank transporter regiment..."

If you gave her a pallet of gold ingots she would immediately knock out an essay complaining they were a phalic representation of the oppressive white male patriarchy

Identity politics is destroying/masking real burning political issues of the day with dripping special needs minority group mouth piece noise

Last edited:
I can't see what's attracted your ire as it links to a 404 error?
It's because the swear filter has replaced the f-word in the url. Open the link then type f-ing in place of the asterisks and hit enter. Bingo.

By the by...
Just when you hoped Jack Monroe had disappeared...
...would make a better title, I susect.

Just read the comments. They're hilarious and they all boil down to Jack, I'd love to suck your co...<LeighDay>WE ARE LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES FOR MELISSA HADJICOSTAS. <JackMonroe>Feck off I'm non binary and my name is Jack. I'm suing.</JackMonroe>PLEASE FORWARD YOUR BANK CARD, PIN NUMBER AND MOTHER'S MAIDEN SURNAME TO AVOID LEGAL ACTION</LeighDay>
I got the impression that hard-core lefties and the entire membership of Mumsnet were all lined up in a nice neat row, all with very brown noses. Ugh!

I haven't read the article yet but skimmed through the comments.
I'm guessing by the gushing comments that he/she/it has either developed a perpetual motion machine solving all our energy needs , cured cancer, solved the worlds hunger problem, been finally unmasked as the second coming of Christ.

Or is just another permablogger letting the world know that everything evil is brought to us by white, male tories.

There's something about her writing style that screams pr copy, you know the sort the blogs for companies that try and hook you in with a story or some insight they feel you'd want to read before they hit you with the big sales spiel

There's no reason anyone should give a f*ck about this nonsense. This person, uh, human, err, being has dumb opinions, but so do 7.6 billion other people. Why keep doing self-parodying tossers like Monroe, Allen, Brand, Hopkins, Morgan, etc., who rarely - if ever - have anything meaningful to say, the favour of paying attention to their silly witterings?

Without the internet, Jack Munroe, Katie Hopkins and the like would just be shouting at anything - trees, the moon, cats and dogs. Why waste even one moment of your life on then? especially when you could be shouting at the moon yourself! :)