Just Whats Needed In The World

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jan 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just read about a group of Dutch scientists who are working on genetically modifying bunnies so that their rabbits will produce milk that carries anti-viral additives and enzymes and other medical sh!t.. They claim that this will be a great way to enhance medical delivery of life-enhancing nutrients and medicinal drugs to patients simply by having them ingest rabbit milk..
    They are developing milkable rabbits for the near future..
    W.T.F.???

Who comes up with this stuff?

Guys sit around and then suddenly go "Eureka!" lets drug up Flopsy and milk her!! Then drink it!

FFS!!

Still, there must be a market for this.. and gawd knows someone will buy into it investing megabucks in the hopes of turning a big profit..

So.. ARRSE.. who has a 'great' idea that the easily impressed business investor will be salivating to throw planeloads of cash at it to help you 'develop' your theory?

2. Well we 'milk' the blood of horses for Anti-venom? So may not be so strange, may only require a small amount that can be diluted to numerous doses?

3. Where do you think the insulin for diabetics comes from?

Big vats full of E.coli bacteria genetically modified to produce insulin.

4. How small will the milking stool need to be?

5. Bloody Hell.. serious answers in the NAAFI.. way to lower the tone of the place...

6. I'll see your lactating, anti-viral rabbits and I'll raise you a load of fluorescent, glow-in-the-dark pig/jellyfish hybrid Frankenbeasts.

[​IMG]

link

7. They would make an interesting sandwich!

8. Ancient Mariner - When I read the linked article I checked the date to see if it was April 1. That is really strange. Given it is Taiwan will they use the pigs for pork fried rice on St Paddy's?

Grapevine - Thats how they make insulin now. It started with dogs and then foetal pigs. I don't think the E Coli version came along until the 80's sometime. My mum became diabetic in 1923 about a year after Sir Fredrick Banting discovered it. If he hadn't she would have died at age 12 and all of you would be spared reading the drivel that I post.

9. :twisted: Fire up ze time machine! :twisted:

10. And an equally interesting shit!

11. not as weird as aussie meat pie :)

12. Were you expecting Meat in a Meat pie :eek: :twisted:

13. The kids at the Springfield school were given rat milk.

14. There's meat in them, it's just pre-digested. :twisted:

15. Now that's just plain daft.

Where are you going to find buckets small enough to get under a rat?

DOH!