just what is airborne webbing

It's a marketing thing ! See dragon supplies's website if you want details of the kit in question.

is not worth bothering with. Go for a belt rig from Troopers or Jay jays, far better.

or pm me your requirements and i will make you a set for £100

The "Airborne" bit comes from the fact that Arktis down here in Devon, always used to "look after" the RM, so when Dragon decided to make / have made for them, their own items, as they are based in Para Land, it was they way to go to help get the sales.

The items that Extra Range make, are marketed out to trade shops as SF Webbing.

Warrior-Webbing said:
The "Airborne" bit comes from the fact that Arktis down here in Devon, always used to "look after" the RM, so when Dragon decided to make / have made for them, their own items, as they are based in Para Land, it was they way to go to help get the sales.

The items that Extra Range make, are marketed out to trade shops as SF Webbing.
Who are Extra Range, can´t google them, nor "SF Webbing".

cam_up said:
would you post some pictures of the webbing for 100 i am intrested thanks
i would but am unsure how to advice please ?

the top 2 are of a floating lid which is completely removable and becomes a grab bag with shoulder strap ,below these are the airborn stlye webbing with out the issue yoke !

25mm ITW nexus clips on all utility pouches and 50mm buckle for the waist much better than the roll pin style ,ammo poches are all hook and loop with press studs if required ,but its all done to your spec !

Attachments

I must say Fatmini's kit is great quality. He's made stuff for me and I've never had any issues.... He only uses the very best materials and everything is made to your requirements....

And no I'm no on commission!!!!!

Thanks!

I have only see one set of jay jays up close and it was a fairly old set may be 10 years old? I haven’t been making mine that long so cant say for definite but I machine it all to the same standard as MOD spec kit and use ITW Nexus/fixlock/dura flex clips and "D" rings etc... So it should all last as long as the others stuff on the market and I know for definite it will last longer than webtex there clips are far too brittle and brake very easy!

The webbing straps are of made of a woven polypropylene, which doesn’t shrink or stretch when wet, which means it doesn’t slide through clips and buckles
This is much lighter weight webbing than the issue stuff (Arktis use it on their kit) but I can also make it in the issue stuff if preferred

Its all made to order and customer spec so i have none in stock ,its about a 2 week turn around from getting the order to you getting on your door step ,but this does depend on delivery times ! :)

bibo_boy said:
Actually commission might not be a bad idea!!!! Not only is that my Bergen...

That's my back garden!!!!!!
and i think its your arrse in the 1st pic to ! :lol:

cheggarsRE said:
fat mini i'm interested where bouts you based as i can swanny along some time to get it so then i can order in good time!
In my front room in essex , I dont have a shop ! what are you after ? and where are you ?

fatmini,

So what would you say is the advantages over this than your usual issue webbing?Genuinely interested.

Also I have this issue vest; it’s a one off vest.

I completely removed all pouches and added my own changing size and location,

On your Left (as you wear it)

ID patch for name tape and blood group

The mag pouches are high on this side so you can reach them when face down on your belt buckle.

I made the utilities larger so I could fit a jet boil or water bottle and mounted it on its side for easy access, rim of pouch secure with hook and loop for extra security. 1x Mini utility as normal

On the Right (as you wear it)

Knife and torch pouch with "D" ring for lanyard

Next pouch down designed to hold new type FFD and CAT tourniquet

2x mini utility and 1x large utility also hook and loop on rim for extra security

Hope pic size is ok it wouldnt let me upload the full one

Attachments

Cpt_Darling said:
fatmini,

So what would you say is the advantages over this than your usual issue webbing?Genuinely interested.
well my opinion is that it weighs less ,allot more comfortable as you don’t have all the excess bulk of all the clips and tabs going through the belt ,which means it fits better and closer to your body with the built in foam pad ,you can have the clips you want on the pouches.
so when wearing gloves for example you can open and close the clips with ease, it all stays together as one item and doesn’t bounce about and flap around when your running, you can add other little touches like a speed loader pouch and FFd pouch to your utilities, these also can be made slightly smaller or larger depending on what you want to put in them!

"BUT "I hear you say" I can’t get the pouch exchanged from the Q when I break a clip”

I can supply an in the field repair clip so it can easily be replaced when away from me or your unit equipment repairer (dependant on the type of clips chosen)