Just to pass on the passing of an old sapper

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by ugly, Mar 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

My Father in Law, Anthony Aldrich from Wallington Surrey, national serviceman recipient of a WOSBIE commission followed by conversion to a regular short commission to serve in Gold Coast as Engineers Sqn OC for the Royal West African Frontier Force, sometime during 1956-1959.
    Passed in his sleep at 0300 GMT this morning in a nursing home in Northern New York State. Cancer did for him in the end.
    I'll miss the mad old bugger despite him being as eccentric as only an Englishman can be!
    I may be offline for a while!

2. Commiserations Ugly, and RIP.

3. Commiserations Ugly.

4. Sorry to hear this.
    My thoughts are with you and Mrs Ugly

5. RIP Anthony Aldrich RE.

6. Commiserations Ugly & family.

RIP.

7. sorry to hear that, commiserations to your family.

8. condolences to you and the family...........R.I.P Anthony Aldrich R.E.

9. I was sorry to hear that Ugly, my condolences to you and your family.

The National Service boys are starting to go, I have heard of three since Christmas. I'm sorry that they did not receive more recognition.

10. Ugly:

Sympathy to you and all the family. He sounds like he would have been an interesting old guy with stories to tell.

Losing a parent is hard. I hope the Mrs is OK

David

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks folks, it will be hard for a while especially for the boss but she's a resilient old mare so will bounce back!
    I'm hoping we will get the remaining members of the family together for a memorial service later this year, just need to track down where he was christened and plan it for there!

12. Rest in peace Sir

My condolencies to your family

13. Sorry to hear of your loss Ugly. Please pass on the sincere condolances of myself and Mizz K13 to your good lady.

Or a Sapper!

REst in Peace Sir.