Discussion in 'Sappers' started by RoyalEngineers, Jan 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all.. I have been fairly quiet lately (thank the lord, I was probably annoying 8) ) and was just wishing to clarify something.. AS a Royal Engineer, Is COMBAT Engineer an actual job title, or is it something which ALL Sappers must do on top of (or maybe first) on top of their trade?

*When I asked some drugged up gimp that lives near me what they were going to do in the Royal Engineers, they said Combat Engineer .. I said "What Trade" he said that.. :oops: He does do drugs as far as I am aware quite frequently and takes pride in being a lout.. so for your sake I hope he gets caught and thrown out pretty fast!*

2. Say again, all after "Hey", over.
  3. WTF??? You sure your not on the wacky backy too?
  4. Everyone is a combat engineer, and everyone is a tradesman. Your career path should go a little something like...
    ATR (phase 1) -> 3RSME (combat engineering) -> 1RSME/Leconsfield/3RSME (for C3S)/Bovington for your trade training depending on your trade of course -> Field Army
  5. Yes yes.. I got a bit carried away.

I thought I was right.. anyway thanks for that.. Basically to make it clearer after it's been answered: I was wondering if all Royal Engineers do a trade.

And someone told me that their trade was going to be Combat Engineer, at which I was a bit baffled. The named person is a known drug abuser.

Simplified hey ;)