Just seen: The Mummy - Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by pyrogenica, Aug 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lucky enough to get corporate invite to the premiere of this film in London tonight, thought I would pass on a few comments for those thinking of seeing it.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first in the series, mildly entertained by the second, this seemed a rather tiring echo of much the same. Basically set in China, think teracotta warriers coming to life, loads of martial arts, over cooked special effects and some ridiculous moments (Yeti springing to life to rescue our hero from a baddy Emperor Ming (!) from finding out the location of Shangri-La - home of the pool of invulnerability) and you just about have the whole film summed up.

Fine for wasting 90 minutes or so on a long haul flight, but a mediocre offering in my humbe opinion. It will be interesting to hear if others thought differently.

2. Think I'll save my money for Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Loved the trailer...

Civilian: "Hey, Hellboy!"

Hellboy: "I know - I'm ugly!" :twisted:

I saw Hancock today; good fun. 8)

3. Hancock? That sounds promising, one for my list. Thanks for sharing that.

4. No worries. :)

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sadly, it's not about the late, great Anthony Aloyisous, of Railway Cuttings, East Cheam.

6. Saw the return of the revenge of the same script mummy last night as well.

Well it seemed a rerun of the last 2 mummy films.

Has got a couple of funny bits though - the yeti showing the kick was good made me laugh and as I was the only one in the kino that got it (Germany) then it made me laugh twice :).

As said above a reasonable waste of 90 minutes but nothing to bother writing a post about.

Hang on :)

7. Was pretty good, wouldn't say it was better than the last 3 though. But I loved the dragon that Jet Li turned into, real cool! It wasn't there for long though :(