just passed rsc

A

ally133

alright lads, i passed rsc and have been selected for Electronic warfare Systems operator, is it true that after phase 2 i get promoted to lance jack straight away? and will it be higher or lower pay band? also i want to serve with the paras after a year, so what would a ew/ para do exactly? provide sigs and comms for the pars i thought, is that right? cheers

ally133 said:
alright lads, i passed rsc and have been selected for Electronic warfare Systems operator, is it true that after phase 2 i get promoted to lance jack straight away? and will it be higher or lower pay band? also i want to serve with the paras after a year, so what would a ew/ para do exactly? provide sigs and comms for the pars i thought, is that right? cheers
As a class 3 tradesmen you will undoubtedly be making tea for those hairy-arsed paras you so wantingly wish to serve with.---Good luck with that my dear. :D

A

ally133

your saying that after 14 weeeks, basic and the 39 weeks trade training at blandford and chicksands, that after one year being a lance jack and a class two, that if i transfer to paras i'll be making tea? doubt it somehow! well they can pay me about £25000 and i'll make tea, not fussed!

ally133 said:
your saying that after 14 weeeks, basic and the 39 weeks trade training at blandford and chicksands, that after one year being a lance jack and a class two, that if i transfer to paras i'll be making tea? doubt it somehow! well they can pay me about £25000 and i'll make tea, not fussed!
I doubt it too. With an attitude like that from a sprog that hasn't even put the uniform on yet, I'd say you'll be lying in the corner, bleeding.

the_guru said:
ally133 said:
I doubt it too. With an attitude like that from a sprog that hasn't even put the uniform on yet, I'd say you'll be lying in the corner, bleeding.
From your rectum.......with a "3 PARA forever" tatoo on your forehead.

Cheers Easy!

A

ally133

u boys are obvioulsly tank washers and bum boys who can never answer a question, just slag ppl off! and i do have a senseof humour,

Skinn_Full said:
the_guru said:
ally133 said:
From your rectum.......with a "3 PARA forever" tatoo on your forehead.

Cheers Easy!
You might be fussed when your anus is matches your beret.-seriously though, good luck with that.

sprjim said:
ally133 said:
u boys are obvioulsly tank washers and bum boys who can never answer a question, just slag ppl off! and i do have a senseof humour,
Is this (another) wind up? :?
Looks like gash to me,

ally133 said:
I doubt that also, with that attitude you will be licking the shite of the para's boots.

I am a 27 year old fully trained sparks, that has trained as a civi aprentice, however I still fully expect to be making tea, when I pass out of phase three training!

You earn respect by what you do, not by what you know.

ally133 said:
If you were to re-capbadge to the paras you would be starting from scratch again. All your previous service (the little bit you would have) would count for nothing.

As a LCpl, yes you would be making the brews. Especially if they find out you are a previous Spec Op and received your rank from a christmas cracker like all spec ops and techs.

I also don't know where you are getting £25k from. You would have to server a further 3-4 years on top of your year out of training before you get that sort of money. Try £22.5k.

Sorridstroker said:
ally133 said:
I doubt that also, with that attitude you will be licking the shite of the para's boots.

I am a 27 year old fully trained sparks, that has trained as a civi aprentice, however I still fully expect to be making tea, when I pass out of phase three training!

With that attitude you will go far my friend. Welcome to the British Army and good luck with you career.

Sorridstroker said:
ally133 said:

You have accepted the possibility of your fate, with this mature attitude. Which in turn will no doubt see you through hours of mug-******* kettle time. I wish everyone that came through the factory into the field army shared your attitude. Good luck!

ally133 said:
If you manage to get that far, you will still find yourself the least experienced new-boy (or sprog). You will be amongst people who have been there longer and as the junior bod, yes you will find yourself making the tea, and sweeping the hangar, and de-rusting the det. In time if you keep your head down and get on with it you will earn the respect of the others there. If not you will find yourself in for a very hard time.

Im Serving as a Spec Op (here comes the abuse) and yes you will get your first tape up, although i do dissagree with this (the rank not the pay!)

I assume by mentioning the Para's you mean the LEWT based at 14SR, if you want to join them first you need to get posted to 14SR, then get hope your posted into the right squadron, then and only then will you be allowed to make the tea,sweep the hangers, paint the det etc.

If your good enough for P Company and pass it then yeah you can work with the paras but i wouldn't get your hopes up there arnt many that make it.

ally133 said:
Obviously the young joskin is deluded. You will be making all the brews at least until the next new boy arrives. As for serving with the paras, why did you join the signals if you were so keen to be a PARA ?? and I would'nt get out of bed for £25000 nowadays - so starting out as a Spec-op did me well in life, and not once did I have such delusions of grandure - muppet. :x

signalsboy said:
I assume by mentioning the Para's you mean the LEWT based at 14SR, if you want to join them first you need to get posted to 14SR, then get hope your posted into the right squadron, then and only then will you be allowed to make the tea,sweep the hangers, paint the det etc.
Remember that everyone is allowed to apply to do All Arms Parachute Selection (P Coy). If the lad is fit and motivated enough then he can go down that route, after which I suggest that he might be able to get a posting into LEWT. However, I'm not sure if there's a minimum time-served period for AA P Coy i.e. if it's different to Para Regt recruits.

He sounds like a gobby little person, however if he can shut up for long enough then why not?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
batmanwasjesus RLC 5
B Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 2
C Infantry 19