Just out of curiousity...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wingnut87, Aug 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have seen British Army veterans in the U.S. Army (just a couple), and immigrants from the UK in the US army, has anyone ever seen an American in the British Army?
  2. Benedict Arnold.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Good one! But I mean has anyone seen anyone living in the British Army that was clearly and American?
  4. tumblr_lh47gbVPCv1qbm7yoo1_500.jpg

Honorary Yank
  5. Well yeah- he's only half though.
    I know of Americans in the French Legion- just was curious about the British Army.
  6. George Washington.

A Yank in modern times would be paid (a lot?) more in his own army, so there is a disincentive to join the UK forces.
  7. RGJ B coy Company Commander was Canadian in 1989, horrible , bad tempered **** that he is.
  8. I remember meeting a JNCO in the Black Watch once who was from the US.
  9. Which battalion was this? I was B Coy 3RGJ in 89
  10. Huh. Would a foreign veteran be allowed to wear their old decorations in British uniform or would that not be allowed?
  11. The Yanks had their pay threatened completely because the government was that broke.
    Also, the pay in the British army is surprisingly a little better. How does it work for British soldiers to go up in rank after they become a private?
  12. We had a canadian in the Watch in the 90's his nickname was Tex. May have been him.

Had a few Kiwi's, English and Welsh as well.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

14. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Presuming that this is not a wah, wiki is your friend British Army Other Ranks rank insignia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  15. 2nd. I think he stayed with 2 after amalgamation.