Just off the wire: Credible Report of Assad Using Chemical Weapons Against Own People

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Jan 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As with everything else connected with Syria, the question is really "What will the Russian response be?"
    As long as they stand behind Assad nothing of a military nature is going to happen involving any other country.

• Like Like x 1
  2. (in spite of your apparent biases) that there are a number of salient aspects that are different from the usual rebel propaganda that has no factual backup.

3. Domovoy said this would happen

4. Assad used chemical weapons against own people who support him for over a year now in a war against Qatar, SA, US, UK and France? Brilliant, pure Western logic!

I have little doubt that chemical weapons will be used in Syria. They will be used by West supported rabble in order to provide US/UK with an excuse (in the eyes of the consumers of Western propaganda) to attack Syria.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

used on the kurds in the past so they wont hesitate if they think they can get away with it.

6. I fail to see anything in that report that could be assessed to be credible.

7. I suppose credibility is in the eye of the beholder and time will tell if it is or not.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Assad outplayed the West regarding the Kurds, when he gave them the right to their own land within Syria...

9. Quite breathtaking.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Politicians might see it that way.

11. Which part?

The one where the West lies about some atrocity in order to provide an excuse for intervention; or the one where the West heirs some rabble to commit an atrocity in order to provide an excuse for intervention?

12. Eh which intervention is this? Who and why are these interveners? While its obvious that regime change is needed in Syria (the fewer autocratic ********* there are running countries the better), there is no western desire for intervetion in this case. Of course if you happen to live in a country run by an autocratic ******** then the finer points of deomocratic opinion probably pass you by.

• Like Like x 6
  13. All of the above. Your post makes me feel much better about myself however, Thanks.

• Like Like x 3