Just off out beating

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Oct 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

First day this season for me so I'm taking 6 dogs. I'm getting a last few minutes of arrsse in whilst surrounded by breakfast and the empty cases from yesterdays stalking course, typical Fatboy George does well on the range, simulated stalk etc and when we get in the woods and are surrounded by them its only a herd of does, well roll on the 31st and they are in the freezer! :wink:
  2. Hope you have a good day.
  3. Nice one, I am pigeon shooting today and beating on a Tuesday shoot.
  4. Out yesterday beating, a Partridge only day total bag 96 absolutly wonderful weather but knackered this morning.
    Enjoy your day, this is best time of the year.
  5. lucky man, jealous. Just in from a night shift covering the city, chin strapped and in serious need of sleep before i'm back out again tonight. Happy hunting!!
  6. Don't forget the sitrep on gsp as game dogs from a spaniel's-eye view.
  7. Too fucking right, I'm coming back to bag that all-white Fallow we chased through the dead ground.

Cracking day out, gutted we didn't get anything this time around.
  8. in minehead there culling deer and burning them.... the butchers are picking it up free and makeing the "emmits" pay though the nose....
  9. Why are you burning them? No sense in binning perfectly good meat. I'd rather take it home and freeze it.
  10. Our first shoot isn't till 25th :(

Going out after a six point Roe buck in the morning though :D
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

GSP man didnt turn up, hopefully I'll see him this week as he is on invititation to beat in Hampshire next saturday, a great day and the shoot was only about 2-300 acres of steeply wooded ground, tightly controlled dogs and 4 of the 6 I took worked really well so they will be the regular team over there. Its every 10 days on that ground which clashes with some other dates on my two other shoots but they have priority as they asked first!
    Bag was 100 birds, 15 were ducks so a nice mix, £20 and a brace in the garage cooling off.
    Some good shooting and some average shooting on display. Still for first timer they made me welcome!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well we had another day over in Hampshire this morning, much better weather for the pheasants, freezing fecking cold with a north easterly wind that cuts in deep. Bloody europeans and their cold wind.
    I was down to three dogs due to injuries and luckily we had 4 additional ones turn up so I was quite happy with the dogs performance today, cold and wet and hard going but despite the poor bag which was down to poor placement of the guns the day went well with over 100 birds shown to the guns.
    A bit Pearl harbour:
    A run in with fly tipping pikey scum made the day interesting: