Just looking for some regimental choice advice

Not long until I’m off to selection and really undecided on a regiment.. already aware that you don’t get capbadged for armoured until phase 2 but I’d like to be fully in love with my first choice before going there

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated so much, here’s my current situation on trying to choose

Scots DG - I’m Scottish and I like the light cav role (struggling to find much info, all that comes up on YouTube is pipe music and the odd forces news video)

Hcav/hcmr - the ajax coming in looks great, mounted side looks like a graft but highly rewarding as well as being based in the middle of london

Last edited:
Not long until I’m off to selection and really undecided on a regiment.. already aware that you don’t get capbadged for armoured until phase 2 but I’d like to be fully in love with my first choice before going there

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated so much, here’s my current situation on trying to choose

Scots DG - I’m Scottish and I like the light cav role (struggling to find much info, all that comes up on YouTube is pipe music and the odd forces news video)

Hcav/hcmr - the ajax coming in looks great, mounted side looks like a graft but highly rewarding as well as being based in the middle of london
Hello. I’ve just joined (after lurking on the site for a bit). I have been RAC and it’s a good question you’re posing. If you are undecided, why not contact the regiments in question? It might help you decide. No interest either way, both are fine regiments. Good luck and go for it - it’s your life and a great career can be had.

Hello. I’ve just joined (after lurking on the site for a bit). I have been RAC and it’s a good question you’re posing. If you are undecided, why not contact the regiments in question? It might help you decide. No interest either way, both are fine regiments. Good luck and go for it - it’s your life and a great career can be had.
Cheers for the response I appreciate it! Have done that and they both appeal to me but I keep hearing horror stories from lads that are in/have been in them

Hcmr - no promotions unless your head is up someone’s arrse, get punted on duties until 2am then back in at 6am etc etc

To be honest I haven’t heard many “bad” things about Scots DG apart from people taking the piss calling them Fiji DG but that’s fine by me because I like the rugby

The film “Filth” - one of the best films made in the past 10 years, had to tip the hat somehow, even if it is just an arrse username
It is Weedgistani for child molester, someone on this site has a filth signature under their posts.

Quick question Stoat: if you are going to join the RAC, why not a proper armoured regiment (Challenger)? If you believe some sources these guys might not exist soon, so why not big tanks, instead of wee ones? That does mean QRH, KRH or RTR, though, off your original plot.

Quick question Stoat: if you are going to join the RAC, why not a proper armoured regiment (Challenger)? If you believe some sources these guys might not exist soon, so why not big tanks, instead of wee ones? That does mean QRH, KRH or RTR, though, off your original plot.
Exactly what my main recruiter said on the phone to me earlier mate ahah, he stressed that I could be the only jock there but “if ye wanty go armoured, ye may as well go the full wack” definitely something I’m researching, that being said though.. out of those 3 it would have to be RTR because of the Scottish roots from 4RTR

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Exactly what my main recruiter said on the phone to me earlier mate ahah, he stressed that I could be the only jock there but “if ye wanty go armoured, ye may as well go the full wack” definitely something I’m researching, that being said though.. out of those 3 it would have to be RTR because of the Scottish roots from 4RTR

The donkey-wallopers refer to the Royal Tank Regt as ' Chav Cav'

RTR refer to themselves as 'professionals' :)

( F-i-L was Household, but allergic to horses, so spent his Nasho driving armoured cars around Germany mostly...keeping the Red Hordes/whores at bay )

I guess it depends whether you like red trizers ? Ask @PANZER_SOLDAT