• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Just how good is the British soldier

I have often seen the British soldier referred to as "The best in the world" usually by British soldiers. So just how good is the average squaddie, compared to say the Chinese, other European armies or the Americans. Are the claims justified in any way at all ?

Yes. I can carry 26.4 times my own bodyweight and can see in infra-red. I can also see 3.2 seconds into the future and on an ACMT can get 100% of the bullets to go in the correct direction. I can dance, and be the best dancer in the room, even if no music is playing. I can juggle all three juggling balls at once. I can defend myself with my toothbrush against a Karate Black Belt. I could go on...

Yes. I can carry 26.4 times my own bodyweight and can see in infra-red. I can also see 3.2 seconds into the future and on an ACMT can get 100% of the bullets to go in the correct direction. I can dance, and be the best dancer in the room, even if no music is playing. I can juggle all three juggling balls at once. I can defend myself with my toothbrush against a Karate Black Belt. I could go on...
We will deal with the RAF Regiment later.

I have often seen the British soldier referred to as "The best in the world" usually by British soldiers. So just how good is the average squaddie, compared to say the Chinese, other European armies or the Americans. Are the claims justified in any way at all ?
Because. We. Are.

Having an Army that has fought nearly every other bastards army, and usually coming off best, I,d say the answer is yes we do have the best.

Awaiting incoming.

Latest Threads