Just how big was 14 Int anyway ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by saladin, Jun 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Judging by recent events it must have been the largest unit in the Army at one point. In the last couple of months 3 of 4 "ex soldiers" who have tried to engage me in conversation managed to let slip within seconds of meeting me that they had served with "14" while "over the water" or some such tripe. What the F&ck is wrong with just saying " I did a couple of years in the REME" or whatever ? Fair play to the other guy who admitted to 3 years as a glorified petrol pump attendent in RAOC....

2. TBH, not everyone could get on the balcony.

3. You're right there - it must have been the biggest fucking unit in the world. If every walting fool was actually in the units they claimed to be a member of, the bill for Para Pay would be 10 times the UK's Gross Domestic Product & you wouldn't be able to walk for 50 feet without bumping into an undercover "operator" of some sort.

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I understand it was a bit smaller than "15"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Or in 'Humphrey'

6. You want to try going into some expat pubs on the Costa Blanca. It seems everyone you talk to was either one of "them" or an ex-driver for the Krays.

7. It wasn't that big when I was in it, but I can't talk about that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HHH

HHH LE

35.5 cms........Oh, sorry I thought it was 14 inches

• Like Like x 1
  9. Probably true for certain AndyTown funerals: knee-deep in 'them', RUC 'them' and not quite 'them'.

10. det - xpol with.

No dits of note to spin.

Edit> had a zippo lighter though but swapped it for a yank's zippo and ship's polo shirt at some point later.

11. you been looking?

12. I like the fact this thread has 15 replies but not one viewing! Very sneaky beaky!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did it..........well, 3 months of the course before I got RTU'd.......does that count?

14. Id never heard of them until i left them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What course would that be then?