Just how big was 14 Int anyway ?

Judging by recent events it must have been the largest unit in the Army at one point. In the last couple of months 3 of 4 "ex soldiers" who have tried to engage me in conversation managed to let slip within seconds of meeting me that they had served with "14" while "over the water" or some such tripe. What the F&ck is wrong with just saying " I did a couple of years in the REME" or whatever ? Fair play to the other guy who admitted to 3 years as a glorified petrol pump attendent in RAOC....

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
TBH, not everyone could get on the balcony.

You're right there - it must have been the biggest fucking unit in the world. If every walting fool was actually in the units they claimed to be a member of, the bill for Para Pay would be 10 times the UK's Gross Domestic Product & you wouldn't be able to walk for 50 feet without bumping into an undercover "operator" of some sort.

You want to try going into some expat pubs on the Costa Blanca. It seems everyone you talk to was either one of "them" or an ex-driver for the Krays.

35.5 cms........Oh, sorry I thought it was 14 inches

det - xpol with.

No dits of note to spin.

Edit> had a zippo lighter though but swapped it for a yank's zippo and ship's polo shirt at some point later.

I like the fact this thread has 15 replies but not one viewing! Very sneaky beaky!

14? 14? Their's was a hallowed name which was shrunk to 'the 7x2's' in selective company or utilised when needed to avoid an interview with the Unit Int officer.