Just had this attempted scam sent to me

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, May 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

This is Mr. Arjen Derek of the United Nations 1st Battalion Scots Guard, but redeployed to Afghanistan, and at present stationed in Kabul South West of Afghanistan. I will like to share some very vital information that would bring some good financial returns to us in just a few weeks or days depending on how fast we pursue the matter.

I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $20m to you, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This may not be the best medium to make this kind of contact because of the numerous scam offers transmitted through the Internet, but it is all I have access to for now.

2. Yeah, and...?

It's nothing new.

3. I'm in Kabul, but I didn't realise it was in SW Afghanistan. Tell your man not to bother with the courier. I'll collect it for you & we'll split it 50/50 ok bud?

4. Got this one a couple of days ago...

"Greetings,

My name is Nancy McGowan I am from the USA and I am a certified financial consultant presently working with some top banks in Cambodia. I will go straight to the point telling you why I contacted you, during the first quarter general audit of one of the banks (bank name withheld) I discovered huge amount of funds belonging to the deceased Libyan dictator's (General Muammar Gaddafi) son who was killed in the NATO air strike, from the records I have here, I understand the deposit was made in 2007 in the name of the deceased son (Saif al-Arab Gadhafi) of the deceased Libyan dictator. I have the opportunity to make you the beneficiary of the funds provided you are willing to work with me, with the help of my friend at the bank I can manipulate all the records and documents and fix in your name as the depositor so that you can be presented for release of funds to you, which I have finalized with him and he has asked me to look for a foreigner that will work with us. This is why
    I!
    am contacting you and you must un

(For my safety please do not discuss this deal with any other person).

Regards
    Nancy McGowan"

5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I didn't know that the UN had a Bn of Scots Guards.

Every day is a school day.

8)

6. Are you recruiting Arrsers to help go get the lolly?

7. I got this today.

ROBERT MUELLER III
    EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI
    FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
    FBI.WASHINGTON D.C
    INTERNET

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY,

We have been informed through our Global intelligence
    monitoring network that your over-due contract payment
    which was fully endorsed in your name by the
    Central Bank of Nigeria has not been claimed.

We also wish to inform you that the contract payment is
    100% genuine and you have the lawful
    right to claim your funds without any further delay.
    We further advise that you go ahead in dealing with the
    Governor of the Central Bank office accordingly as we will
    be monitoring all their services with you as well as your
    correspondence at all levels.

We were also made to understand that a lady with name Mrs.
    Joan C.Bailey from OHIO has already contacted them and also
    presented to them, all the necessary documentation evidencing your
    claim purported to have been signed personally by you prior to
    the release of your contract fund valued at about US$8,000,000.00
    (Eight million United States Dollars), but the Central Bank office
    did the wise thing by insisting on hearing from you personally
    before they go ahead on wiring your funds to the Bank information
    which was forwarded to them by the above named Lady so that the
    main reason why they contacted us so as to assist them in making
    the investigation.

Meanwhile, we will advise that you contact the office
    of the Governor of the Central Bank immediately Via
    the email address below and request that they attend
    to your payment file as directed, so as to enable you
    receive your contract fund accordingly.

Please use "CODE 777" as the subject while contacting him.

NAME: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
    OFFICE ADDRESS: Central Bank of Nigeria,
    Central Business District,
    Cadastral Zone, Abuja, Federal
    Capital Territory, Nigeria.
    Email: sanusi.sanusi@aol.com

To this effect, you are required to reconfirm and
    authenticate your given particulars below for certainty
    and onward processing and release of you funds
    as we may not be held liable for any wrong payment.

FULL NAMES: __________________________________
    CITY: _________________________
    STATE: __________________________________
    ZIP: ______________
    COUNTRY________________________________
    SEX: _______________
    TELEPHONE NUMBER: _____________________
    EMAIL ADDRESS: _____________________

Ensure you follow all their procedure as may be required by
    them as that will further help hasten up the whole procedure
    as regard to the transfer of your fund to you as designated.
    Also have in mind that the Central Bank of Nigeria
    equally have their own protocol of operation as stipulated
    on their banking terms, so delay could be very dangerous.

Thank you very much for your anticipated co-operation in
    advance as we earnestly await your urgent response to this matter.

Best Regards,

Robert S. Mueller III
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    J. Edgar Hoover Building
    935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
    NW Washington, D.C.
    Private email: robert.mueller.fbi@aol.com

8. Ahahahah! They do try don't they. Perhaps the next scam emails will from President Van Rumpuoy of the EU-SSR advising of millions of Euros found in a Greek Bank, and he wants to share it with us all......just send a finders fee plus administration caost.... Hmmm, I think I need another can of Special Bru...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thats nowt, I won the Russian state lottery and got myself 12 million pounds!
    Just had to pay the admin fee (2 grand) to help with the transfer fee's? Should have had the cash on Friday according to Jamal (bank manager) but I think due to the bank holiday weekend, It'll be in on wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
  10. You are scoffing now but I agreed to help Arjen, I gave him my bank details and copies of my signature and next week I will caretaker of $20m. Whatever could possibly go wrong?

If any of you want a share, send me your bank account details, dob and a PDF of your signature.

11. ImageUploadedByARRSE1336270940.158371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

12. Hey BATFINK:

I received my email from The Feebies last month, only the script is different from yours.

> From: umar_kangs@yahoo.com
    > Subject: FROM ROBERT S. MUELLER III [Code SSSSFBI]
    > Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:53:09 +0100
    >
    > FROM ROBERT S. MUELLER III [Code SSSSFBI]
    > FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI.
    > WASHINGTON DC./United State Office.
    > FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET IMPOSTERS.
    > [Code SSSSFBI]
    >
    >
    > It is obvious that you have not received your fund which is to the tune of $5.5million due to past corrupt Government Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their selfish reason and some individuals who have taken advantage of your fund all in an attempt to swindle your fund which has led to so many losses from your end and unnecessary delay in the receipt of your fund.
    >
    > The National Central Bureau of Interpol enhanced by the United Nations and Federal Bureau of Investigation have successfully passed a mandate to the current president of Nigeria his Excellency Dr.Goodluck E. Jonathan to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other individuals/contractors and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Contract/Lottery/Merit Fund/Inheritance and the likes.
    >
    >
    >
    > Now your payment will be send to you by ATM card that will be coming alongside a custom pin which you will use to withdraw up to $10,000 per day from any ATM machine that has the Master Card Logo on it. Also with the ATM card you will be able to transfer your funds to your bank account, because the ATM card will be registered with Interswitch. The ATM card
    > comes with a handbook or manual to enlighten you about how to use it. Your ATM card would be sent to you via UPS. Because we have signed a contract with UPS which should expired by September 30th 2012. Below are few list of tracking numbers you can track from UPS website to confirm people like you who have received their payment successfully.
    >
    >
    >
    > Name :William quiring
    > UPS Tracking Number: 1Z388VT40193510200 (Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > ................................................................................................
    > Name: charles dick
    > UPS Tracking Number:1Z388VT40191983418 (Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > ..................................................................................................
    > Name: Angie Moore
    > UPS Tracking Number:1Z388VT40194678976(Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > .................................................................................................
    > Name :Jevaughn Barnes
    > UPS Tracking Number:1Z388VT40190533987 (Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > ................................................................................................
    > Name :Sharon Lee McCarty
    > UPS Tracking Number:1Z388VT40192092398 (Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > ..................................................................................................
    > Name : Donna L. Vargas:
    > UPS Tracking Number: A3722239171 (www.upscom)
    > .................................................................................................
    > Name : Rovenda Elaine Parsey:
    > UPS Tracking Number:A3722239055 (Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS)
    > ............................................................................................................................
    > Note: Everything that will impede the process of transfer has been taken care of, to effect the release of your fund valued at $5.5million you are advised to contact the director of payment and delivery officer Mr. U kangs with the information below,email: doe_721@yahoo.com On contacting him do provide him with the following information’s required from you for the shipping of your ATM card parcel:
    >
    >
    >
    > Name: Mr.U kangs
    > Email: u_kangs@hotmail.com
    >
    > Your full Name:.....................
    > Your Address:......................
    > Country:...........................
    > Sex:................................
    > Occupation:.........................
    > Home/Cell Phone:...................
    > A valid copy of your identity is also needed. [Oh, certainly I will share that.]
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mr. ROBERT S. MUELLER
    > FBI [Code SSSSFBI]
    > CC: Federal Bureau of Investigation
    > CC: National Central Bureau of Interpol
    > *******************************************************************
    > ******************************
    > DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the addresses only. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the address is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the sender immediately.
    > **********************************************************

13. Do you have a plan that you'd love to see come together?

14. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz