Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Just got this ******.......

This is how to finance them there super cars !

http://www.supercarfinance.co.uk/

"Finance Lease

A Finance Lease allows use of the vehicle whilst paying a rental rather than a repayment.
This is an alternative funding method to Hire Purchase for business users, where the title remains with the lessor but still offers the practical benefits of ownership "

Banker, what was so bad about the DB9? If I ever fell upon a pot of cash, an Aston is my dream motor. Are they really that shite?

Dread, feel free to add your two pence worth (being a vehicular connoisseur)

Cheers.

Ex boss of mine and his dad had a DB9 and an XK8 Jag at the same time, to all intents and purpose the same car the jag was by far the best car for doing the miles in but should imagine the DB was the car to play on tracks with

Banker, what was so bad about the DB9? If I ever fell upon a pot of cash, an Aston is my dream motor. Are they really that shite?

Dread, feel free to add your two pence worth (being a vehicular connoisseur)

Cheers.

The main gripe was reliability. The cars are (in my eyes at least) beautiful. The cabins are let down (a bit) by some shite switchgear which you only really notice when driving. The auto-key sensor option is spastic (the car senses that you have the key in your pocket, and unlocks the car as you approach): as I wasn't the owner, I was very keen to ensure that the car was locked when I walked away from it...

...but the ****** automatically unlocked whenever I went close to check.

Faults were mainly electric: GPS not working, central locking deciding to lock and unlock randomly, phone not working, bluetooth not working, lights failing at an alarming rate, etc. The 'joke' one owner told me was that when he heard Aston has built the DB9 to take on the Italians, he hadn't realised it was for having worse electrics. Mechanically, a clutch failed a couple of times and the roof lining came loose, and he had a leak letting in water 'somewhere' (source wasn't found before he ditched the car in favour of a Bentley GTC). Even when the car was running well, an owner complained that it wasn't fast enough at the lights, and lacked top-end grunt (I didn't find this to be a problem, running one from Budapest to Split at a steady 170mph).

Sadly my bonus this year is crap and my wife has already made me spend it several times over, so I can't find out if my desired car is any good: an Aston Martin Rapide... but one of the last ones built in Austria, not the latest versions being built in the UK. Next year maybe...

Ex boss of mine and his dad had a DB9 and an XK8 Jag at the same time, to all intents and purpose the same car the jag was by far the best car for doing the miles in but should imagine the DB was the car to play on tracks with

I think you'll find that it was the DB7 and XK8 that looked similar. Apart from that they were two totally different cars with completely different driving styles (and the DB7 had an extra 100bhp).

I think you'll find that it was the DB7 and XK8 that looked similar. Apart from that they were two totally different cars with completely different driving styles (and the DB7 had an extra 100bhp).

Yes you are right it was several years ago and I am old, I believe they were the same floor pan though. The Jag was great for doing the miles in and getting where you were going with your teeth still in place unlike the DB which took the fillings and broke those in-to the component parts, which wasn't so good when going into a meeting after a 200 mile drive.

Oh and to the OP cracking motor enjoy it and if you ever this way call in and let me have a play

The main gripe was reliability. The cars are (in my eyes at least) beautiful. The cabins are let down (a bit) by some shite switchgear which you only really notice when driving. The auto-key sensor option is spastic (the car senses that you have the key in your pocket, and unlocks the car as you approach): as I wasn't the owner, I was very keen to ensure that the car was locked when I walked away from it...

...but the ****** automatically unlocked whenever I went close to check.

Faults were mainly electric: GPS not working, central locking deciding to lock and unlock randomly, phone not working, bluetooth not working, lights failing at an alarming rate, etc. The 'joke' one owner told me was that when he heard Aston has built the DB9 to take on the Italians, he hadn't realised it was for having worse electrics. Mechanically, a clutch failed a couple of times and the roof lining came loose, and he had a leak letting in water 'somewhere' (source wasn't found before he ditched the car in favour of a Bentley GTC). Even when the car was running well, an owner complained that it wasn't fast enough at the lights, and lacked top-end grunt (I didn't find this to be a problem, running one from Budapest to Split at a steady 170mph).

Sadly my bonus this year is crap and my wife has already made me spend it several times over, so I can't find out if my desired car is any good: an Aston Martin Rapide... but one of the last ones built in Austria, not the latest versions being built in the UK. Next year maybe...
Oh dear. Looks like my Triumph GT6 and P5B are well in front.

Banker, will we be seeing you at Headley Court with the other Ferrari owners to take the lads for a spin?

Yes mate, did it last year too, top day. Managed to reverse into another Fcar by accident, oh how we laughed. I'm going past HC tomorrow, you be at home? If yes, PM me any goodies you need and I'll do the necessary.

I ******* love that.

Save for the 550, I haven't really liked a Ferrari since the Dino, but recently, what with the California and the 458, they are finally producing jaw achingly beautiful machines again.

**** the naysayers, I'd have an FF in an instant if her Ladyship would let me.

Bastard.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Ping me when you're about, maybe next weekend, you're welcome to take it for a spin mate, insurance covers you.

Only naysayer was a matelot, pack of cnuts present company accepted......

Ping me when you're about, maybe next weekend, you're welcome to take it for a spin mate, insurance covers you.

Only naysayer was a matelot, pack of cnuts present company accepted......

Cheers chap. :)

I won't be in London until next year but I may well take you up on the kind offer.

Likewise if you fancy a spin in a Massey Ferguson or a Honda farm quad gimme a shout anytime.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)