Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Just got this ******.......

Exactly, when I bought my new car my friends said how nice it was and how I deserved it. When I went to work apparently I was paid too much! Nobody said well done for having three jobs while we sit idle. cnuts.
You had three jobs? You selfish money-grabbing bastard!!! No wonder unemployment is so high!

You had three jobs? You selfish money-grabbing bastard!!! No wonder unemployment is so high!
Yup I've one full-time and two part-time jobs but still some spare time. If people want to sit idle it's not a good way to earn money. It's easy to have a cheap dig at others though.

Yes, he’s probably asking for it, but is the envy bashing really necessary? Personally I wouldn’t spend £230 on a car, never mind £230000, but that’s because I’m a shit driver and don’t like the things, any of them, whichever sticker it has on the boot. Banker would probably consider me to be a… rhymes with banker because I spend an inordinate amount of my money on knives (the kitchen sort) and wine, but that’s my choice and his. Please tell me though that the thing doesn’t have a “private plate” (aren’t they all?); that would justify the description KNO13.

I like the seats as they show Ferrari think of everything: perforated leather to let the piss and gases drain away easily after particularly scary cornering.

DB9 is beautiful but sadly shite: the couple I've driven have had annoying rattles and one spent most of its time in various garages/on the back of flatbeds.

For the Porsche comment about the Boxster "can't afford a 911": the BoxsterS is a much better car to drive than nearly all the 911s, and only loses ground when you get to GT2 / Turbo territory.

I'm with Dread here. My OH had a Vanquish, and it was stupidly fast, but stupidly unreliable. She now has a 911 Carrera 4S, but it isn't usefully faster and doesn't handle any better than the Boxster 3.2S I used to have.

BTW Seagull - there's **** all wrong with the Rover 75. It is an magnificent conveyance.

Out of all the cars I've ever owned, my Boxster 2.5 was the best by a country mile. Hideously underpowered but the most fun I've ever had in a car and made me feel 20 times better than the driver I actually am.

Had a DB9, they're shit.

Banker, what was so bad about the DB9? If I ever fell upon a pot of cash, an Aston is my dream motor. Are they really that shite?

Dread, feel free to add your two pence worth (being a vehicular connoisseur)

Cheers.