Just got attested and want to go regs ?

Hi.

So tonight I just got attested into the REME reserves and I will be getting ready for basic training etc, I wanted to go into the regs full time but I have been told this isn't possiable as the whole process would have to be completed again?

Does anyone know why this is or can help?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Gary.

Hi.

So tonight I just got attested into the REME reserves and I will be getting ready for basic training etc, I wanted to go into the regs full time but I have been told this isn't possiable as the whole process would have to be completed again?

Does anyone know why this is or can help?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Gary.
WHo told you this? THe process for apply for reserves/regulars is now completely the same. Someone's been telling porkies.

WHo told you this? THe process for apply for reserves/regulars is now completely the same. Someone's been telling porkies.
The captain told me this , I thought it would be the same , he says that if I wanted to go regs now after being attested I would have to be in the reserves for a while and then transfar.

I've told them I want full time but not if I have to go though the same process again and redo everything, he said my medical and ctc would be fine but everything else would have to be redone.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Here's a thought, why don't you pop down to your local recruiting office and ask there? They are the people to ask about recruitment and you will get a definitive answer.

They want to send me to some shamrock challenge thing, but I really want to go full time now I've passed everything needed and I'm ready , I don't know why they have told me this mybe there short on reserves.
You are a number, and when numbers are low - everybody wants you.

Shamrock Challenge will do you no harm and will add to your experiences before beginning Regular basic training. The road into the Regular Army under Capita is a slow one, my advice is to stick with the Reserves for now however as mentioned by @tearsbeforebedtime - you should contact your CSM and tell them you now officially want to become a Regular soldier and they will [eventually] get that sorted and take you through that process to join the Regular Army whilst you are still serving in the Reserves.

To add to what I posted earlier, I visited the REME stand at the Royal Cornwall last week and am told that the Army and Navy are crying out for the good old fashioned mechanical engineers. It seems these skills are not focussed in schools nowadays.

To add to what I posted earlier, I visited the REME stand at the Royal Cornwall last week and am told that the Army and Navy are crying out for the good old fashioned mechanical engineers. It seems these skills are not focussed in schools nowadays.
Hey, I think I've got it sorted , I was in talking to them today not the reserves but the regulars and they are looking at getting me a immediate transfar.

I really don't know why the fella at the reseves wanted to keep me there so bad , buy yes my dad and I have other family in the army so it's always been my plan.

Thanks for all you help. Hopefully that's me sorted now just wait on this transfar

You are a number, and when numbers are low - everybody wants you.

Shamrock Challenge will do you no harm and will add to your experiences before beginning Regular basic training. The road into the Regular Army under Capita is a slow one, my advice is to stick with the Reserves for now however as mentioned by @tearsbeforebedtime - you should contact your CSM and tell them you now officially want to become a Regular soldier and they will [eventually] get that sorted and take you through that process to join the Regular Army whilst you are still serving in the Reserves.
Thanks for the advice