Just go, damnit!

Brown could become PM next month
By Graeme Wilson, Political Correspondent
Last Updated: 11:02am BST 01/05/2007

Tony Blair promised this morning that he will make a "definitive" statement to the British people next week on when he plans to finally leave Number 10.

With the party braced for a disastrous night at the polls on Thursday, Mr Blair marked his 10th anniversary in office to say he will make his position clear next week.

His comments came amid growing speculation that he will announce his resignation next week and then stand down towards the end of next month, with June 30 emerging as the favourite date.

Speaking on GMTV this morning, Mr Blair also went out of his way to lavish praise on Gordon Brown. His comments follow the clear signal from John Reid, the Home Secretary, at the weekend that he will not "fracture" party unity by standing against the Chancellor for the Labour leadership.

Asked about his plans, Mr Blair said: "I will make my position clear next week. I will say something definitive then."
Full story The Telegraph.

According to the BBC:

Tony Blair has said he expects "in all probability" that Chancellor Gordon Brown will succeed him as prime minister "in the next few weeks".
So, he still has wriggle room - there are, after all, 52 weeks in a year, 520 weeks in 10 years... :omfg: Saying that, I'm not exactly cheered at the prospect of Broon wielding total control for the next 3 years or so... :roll:

I am rapidly reaching apathy with this situation. I detest Bliar for being an insincere, popularist glory-seeker. But if Brown is a shoe-in as PM, then it doesn't matter whether Bliar stays or not, we're fcuked. Bring on the general election.

I've just had a mental image of Bliar as Rainman: I'm definitely going, dddddddd-definitely going...

The only real plus of Bliar leaving office is that we won't have to put up with his insincere voice and bizarre 3 word sentences on the news every night.

He really does not seem to understand how very, very unpopular he is.

Do any of you imagine that he has visited Planet Earth in the last ten years and one day ?

I am quite certain that had we been in America with Bliar as 'boss', a Lee Harvey Oswald would have appeared some time ago.

He didn't say he was resigning, just that GB would 'succeed him as prime minister "in the next few weeks". '

Perhaps reality has made its unwelcome presence felt and he's thinking of suicide...

smartascarrots said:
He didn't say he was resigning, just that GB would 'succeed him as prime minister "in the next few weeks". '
Oh shoite, I don't think he's thinking of topping himself, I think he really thinks he's going to be life president!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
smartascarrots said:

Perhaps reality has made its unwelcome presence felt and he's thinking of suicide...
Oh god pleeeasse!!!!! Mind you, that's too good for this fcuktard, he deserves more than a quick exit. I'd prefer a large and messy one.

smartascarrots said:

my bold

Dont tease, the thought of the peoples dear leader being dragged down the road by a scraggy auld mare with 2 cadets and a brownie streetlining the route, with the WMF in sackcloth and ashes........ :D

I realy think the loathsome wretch thinks we will turn out and beg him to stay, sooner he is out the sooner he can cnut off to america and be monkey boys playmate :x

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Convene the peoples Tribunal :twisted:
Concur.......Bucharest stylee........give the man a fair trial - then take him out and shoot him.....

Don Cabra

He used to be indecisive - now he is just not sure!

One things for sure though - the more the Big 3 Parties move into the centre to get the common vote, the more chance the extreme will get in next time - seems to be same shite just a different tw*t at the top! difference between them all now is so marginal its hardly worth voting for any of them!

Cheers

So true Baz, I'm sick to the back teeth with the lot of them. I'm voting for the Senior Citizens Party. We're all going to be one at some point.........

hopefully.

Vote for me and i promise you this:

Attachments

After a fair trial on charges of corruption and treason obviously...

Wouldnt want to do anything illegal would we?

My party is called simply "Protest Vote"

Canditates must have served for at least 4 years in the services.

Policies are to represent the will of the people.

R

Reversionary_Modes

Mr_Deputy said:
Who is this Gordon Brown chap?
He's the one who gave us war on a budget and has ensured that we will all retire in misery by making a complete fcuk-up of pension funds. Unless you're an MP. Or a civil servant. Happy Birthday, MD!!

Here is a picture of a couple of Protest Vote activists helping Tony out of Downing Street.

Attachments

Both offers are almost tempting! :)

Gordon Brown (how boring a name can you possibly get?) is a true believer in the redistribution of wealth. It was always his objective to introduce a more even society. For those of us that work hard, save and try and live in a nice home - FCUKED, TOTALLY FCUKED.

Although hopefully I won't be here and will just read about it! :D

Latest Threads