• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

JUST found out - not getting Called Up for H15

After a year of D I E training, PFAs, CFTs and OFTs; after putting in nine straight weekends earlier this year in preparation for H15; knowing what job I'd been allocated ( C-IED trg, NTM-A) and who I'd be working with - a Welsh Cavalry unit; after geting my affairs in order and my family and employer accepting I'm off for a year - somebody in Glasgow has told my unit that I'd be too old to Mobilise and thats the reason why my Brown Letter has not arrived.

My date of birth has remained constant throughout.

I was told that thee are a fair few others in this position - less than four weeks before the expected date of Mobilisation.

Gutted, utterly gutted.

Far from it mate - they've been aware of my age and its not been an issue as far as they knew - in fact it seems more like they had raised it with Glasgow and had the all - clear.

I fully accepted I was not going to do a combat role.

sorry mate, bad luck, it'll be interesting if this has ever happened before, if your still keen to deploy can your unit not help, afterall they've just been left a man down due to a clerical error

I understand about ten other blokes are in the same position.

Will be interested to see how they'll fill these slots of D I E Training has not been completed or people just cannot put their lives on hold for a year with less than 4 weeks notice...

sorry mate, bad luck, it'll be interesting if this has ever happened before, if your still keen to deploy can your unit not help, afterall they've just been left a man down due to a clerical error
This happened to my husband, he was told at 48 he was too old for the call up but his sergeant major got on the case and he's out doing Herrick 14 now.

Latest Threads