JUST found out - not getting Called Up for H15

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Far_King_L, May 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a year of D I E training, PFAs, CFTs and OFTs; after putting in nine straight weekends earlier this year in preparation for H15; knowing what job I'd been allocated ( C-IED trg, NTM-A) and who I'd be working with - a Welsh Cavalry unit; after geting my affairs in order and my family and employer accepting I'm off for a year - somebody in Glasgow has told my unit that I'd be too old to Mobilise and thats the reason why my Brown Letter has not arrived.

My date of birth has remained constant throughout.

I was told that thee are a fair few others in this position - less than four weeks before the expected date of Mobilisation.

Gutted, utterly gutted.

2. That sounds cack.

3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Sorry to hear that mate. How old if you don't mind me asking?

4. How old are you?

5. 50, will be 51 ten days before "Mob" date This issue has been flagged up at least a year ago and no problems raised by Glasgow

6. Sorry to hear that mate, did your unit not warn this could happen

7. Far from it mate - they've been aware of my age and its not been an issue as far as they knew - in fact it seems more like they had raised it with Glasgow and had the all - clear.

I fully accepted I was not going to do a combat role.

8. Way to go, One Army.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

9. sorry mate, bad luck, it'll be interesting if this has ever happened before, if your still keen to deploy can your unit not help, afterall they've just been left a man down due to a clerical error

10. I understand about ten other blokes are in the same position.

Will be interested to see how they'll fill these slots of D I E Training has not been completed or people just cannot put their lives on hold for a year with less than 4 weeks notice...

11. surley the CO will be spitting blood at loosing 11 fully fit and trained soldiers, bloody crazy

12. This happened to my husband, he was told at 48 he was too old for the call up but his sergeant major got on the case and he's out doing Herrick 14 now.

13. What's the one Army concept got to do with it?

Sounds more like your unit screwing it up.

14. Sorry to hear that, sounds a piece of cack

15. Nothing, probably, it was a pointless and throwaway remark.

Or rather, would never happened to a regular.