Just for fun , Dream FTRS

#1
So, if you could be posted on attachment or deployment on an FTRS for 3 months + , where would you like to go?

Destinations are only restricted by a British Military prescence,  (no matter how small)
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
Well luckily the criteria of having to have a Brit Mil presence doesn't get rid of many countries!

I fancy the Bahamas Defence Force, the Barbados Defence Force, or maybe Nepal.  Sunny/beach, or good mountains.  Tough choice.
 
#4
bermuda.
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#5
Her Majesties Liaison Officer to Obertauern, Austria.

Which means I might launch a serious post to find out where the ski lodges are...



Dec 1st to March 1st
 
#6
Bermuda for me, was there in the early 70's when Dad was still serving, what an outstandingly beautiful place

Lived in Jamaica at Up Park Camp (JDF) too, Kingston has degenerated into downtown Beirut, but I live in hope for places becoming available for Exercise "Red Stripe"

Yep, attachment to the Jamaica or Bermudan Defence Force wouldn't hurt for 6 months :)

http://www.jdfmil.org/
 
#7
Id love to have a few months in a jungle somwere just to see how bad it is and to see if i could cope!! whats the chances of that though??
 
#8
indifferent said:
Id love to have a few months in a jungle somwere just to see how bad it is and to see if i could cope!! whats the chances of that though??
You may have just missed the boat on that one.

Florida.....
 
#9
where does the US Army train it's female recruits? if such a place exists then I'd like to be provost staff there for my FTRS:

Hundreds of young lasses, away from home for the first time, impressionable, nubile, slightly scared, in trouble... abuse of power doesn't get any better than that!
 
#10
wessex_warrior said:
where does the US Army train it's female recruits? if such a place exists then I'd like to be provost staff there for my FTRS:

Hundreds of young lasses, away from home for the first time, impressionable, nubile, slightly scared, in trouble... abuse of power doesn't get any better than that!
You are clearly talking about a different US Army to the one which inhabited/passed through Camp Arifjan at the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom and where the following grafitti was observed on the wall of a rather smelly chemical "john".

"Goddamn, those Brit chicks are hot!"

presumably written by an envious member of our former colony's armed forces and to which a (presumably British) writer had replied:

"That's because they don't eat f*cking pizza for breakfast!"

Note: This vaguely amusing anecdote is best enjoyed if read in the manner of the late Cyril Fletcher on "That's Life".
 
#11
I fancy being a door gunner somewhere afgan , iraq ,hackney :D all the fun of machine guns no tabbing ,
 
#14
Canberra OZ (British consulate in the orderly room :) )
 

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
#16
I know of two inf NCO's who did 6 weeks attached to the Maldives Defence Force....
 
#17
Liaison Officer to California National Guard Womens' Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

Don't try to tell me they don't have one...
 
#18
PartTimePongo said:
Bermuda for me, was there in the early 70's when Dad was still serving, what an outstandingly beautiful place

Lived in Jamaica at Up Park Camp (JDF) too, Kingston has degenerated into downtown Beirut, but I live in hope for places becoming available for Exercise "Red Stripe"

Yep, attachment to the Jamaica or Bermudan Defence Force wouldn't hurt for 6 months :)

http://www.jdfmil.org/
Arrrghh Bermudan Defence force :censored: have worked with them 3 times each time I felt in definete fear of my life and as for Jamaica Beriut is about right

But Oz sounds good
 
#20
squigeypie said:
breacon south wales, lovely!
I think he meant good dreams, Squidy.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads