Just dined out someone who was in the Leeson Street Patrol..

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Bravo_Bravo, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After >41 years Regular and NRPS service we dined Willie out saturday. Until then I had no idea that he was in the patrol, and nearly fell over when he showed me his place in the Cuneo painting of the same.

Any other R Coy 3 RGJ still in, I wonder?

[​IMG]

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I should doubt it. I didn't go to 'R' Coy myself, but a lot of mates did. Was at a dinner with a couple recently, and had an e mail from another member a few weeks ago.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

41 years, thats some time in green baggy skin!

4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My baggy skin is much older!

5. My unit had a nrps guy who when he left had completed 44 years service he had origionally joined the Middlesex regt

6. 7 Rifles has another link to that famous action, albeit a distant one. Capt S**** H******-S****'s ex brother-in-law was the signaller

7. TSO

Given that you love editing, perhaps you'd edit the name? PERSEC etc.

8. His name was in the Newham Recorder for months while he was playing watchkeeper on Herrick so I doubt there is any Persec there, but I'll asterik it anyway

9. Ths because the only people that take the Newham Recorder cannot read.

10. I used to work for the guy front right! He left the army back in 88 and we're still in contact, just as he was on that day! :D

11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

There's currently a member of staff at Birmingham UOTC who had completed 50 years of service last summer. We dined him out, but strangly after the first few Wednesdays of the new year he re-appeared...

12. Trying to work out which Willie - might he perhaps be a jock? Great bloke if so - no idea he was still serving. A close relative of mine was also in the picture - on the left hand side near the car I think - but left the Army in 1987 or thereabouts. Curiously, I took a stroll down Leeson Street about five years ago, a quite little street nowadays, all modern housing etc. A bit different from 1972...

Celer et Audax!!

13. What was the little mouse doing in such a dangerous place?

14. Hard targetting, I suspect.

15. Where is he in the picture? And what is he doing?