Just Desserts for Apparent Lead Thief

School roof plunge man critical

A man is seriously ill after falling from the roof of a school.

A dog walker found the man with head injuries outside Meadowdale Middle School in Hazelmere Avenue, Bedlington, Northumberland, in the early hours.

At the scene police also found a quantity of lead which had been stripped from the roof.

The man is in a critical condition at Newcastle General Hospital. A second man, aged 36, has been arrested on suspicion of theft.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/8450180.stm

Published: 2010/01/09 17:24:34 GMT

© BBC MMX

My first thought,he'll sue the LEA for his injuries and the fact they didn't stop him from getting on the roof.And on the same page an ad for some ambulance chasing company.

vvaannmmaann said:
My first thought,he'll sue the LEA for his injuries and the fact they didn't stop him from getting on the roof.And on the same page an ad for some ambulance chasing company.
i was thinking similiar, church sued for not providing adequate signage and catwalks etc, also signs to show how to remove lead safely etc

hope the scroat suffers till his last day

Thief falls off roof, stolen lead follows and lands on thief, dog pisses on lead, owner gives thief a sly bit of boot then goes home for a brew before calling plod, plod arrive and drive over pile of lead in error...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
What fool sent for help?

Bad drills on the part of the dog walker.
I'd have had most of the lead away in my van before calling the coppers. Just leaving a little bit so the pile of skin and bones on the ground still gets the blame...

Be fair, how do we know this wan't just some innocent fella walking past when the real thief threw the lead of the roof in the process of stealing it?
Poor bastard is taking an evening stroll, next thing a dirty great lump of lead lands on his bonce out of the blue and he ends up in hospital and charged with theft.....

jagman said:
Be fair, how do we know this wan't just some innocent fella walking past when the real thief threw the lead of the roof in the process of stealing it?
Poor bastard is taking an evening stroll, next thing a dirty great lump of lead lands on his bonce out of the blue and he ends up in hospital and charged with theft.....
You'll go far! 8)

jagman said:
Lead thieves with a conscience? Nah. After braining the unfortunate individual they'd have taken the lead before scarpering.

Your argument is as convincing as going to A&E on a Friday night and saying you slipped at a party and sat on a milk bottle...

In this weather, should have walked to the nearest working pay phone to informthe rozzers....

Then gave thename of the wrong school :D

jagman said:
I hope his defence lawyer isn't reading this.

Doesn't mention that the dog in question is a Pitbull and that the head injuries are where the dog nearly bit the scrote's head off!

If only.

Or was this simply someone's attempt to do the whole suicide followed by lead-lined coffin routine? Honestly, no fecker here (jagman accepted) ever gives anyone the benefit the doubt!

jagman said:
If the guy who found him says he was lying on top of the lead it could be a bit of a giveaway.