• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Just checking!

#1
I just thought I'd check...!
My Dad was in the Army (RCT) 1972 - 1978 (left to marry) and went on 4 tours of duty in N.Ireland, spent 3 years in Germany and was also based in Catterick and went on a training excersise in Canada. I think he can get a GSM with N.Ireland clasp (he had one, his father lost it =O) and a commemaritive Germany 1945 - 1989 medal. (Not yet a Veteran's badge!!) Is that right!?
Thanks!
 
#2
liam8910 said:
I just thought I'd check...!
My Dad was in the Army (RCT) 1972 - 1978 (left to marry) and went on 4 tours of duty in N.Ireland, spent 3 years in Germany and was also based in Catterick and went on a training excersise in Canada. I think he can get a GSM with N.Ireland clasp (he had one, his father lost it =O) and a commemaritive Germany 1945 - 1989 medal. (Not yet a Veteran's badge!!) Is that right!?
Thanks!
Welcome to the site, Liam.

Your Dad will be the proud owner of the GSM and NI clasp, as you wrote. If he has lost it, he might be able to pay for a replacement - try the Medals' Office site via the Veterans' site.

However, there isn't an official medal for all those years he spent boozing in BAOR; tough though it was...

Litotes
 
#3
Litotes said:
liam8910 said:
I just thought I'd check...!
My Dad was in the Army (RCT) 1972 - 1978 (left to marry) and went on 4 tours of duty in N.Ireland, spent 3 years in Germany and was also based in Catterick and went on a training excersise in Canada. I think he can get a GSM with N.Ireland clasp (he had one, his father lost it =O) and a commemaritive Germany 1945 - 1989 medal. (Not yet a Veteran's badge!!) Is that right!?
Thanks!
Welcome to the site, Liam.

Your Dad will be the proud owner of the GSM and NI clasp, as you wrote. If he has lost it, he might be able to pay for a replacement - try the Medals' Office site via the Veterans' site.

However, there isn't an official medal for all those years he spent boozing in BAOR; tough though it was...

Litotes
It wasn't that tough :brilsmurf:
 
#6
rickshaw-major said:
Litotes said:
liam8910 said:
I just thought I'd check...!
My Dad was in the Army (RCT) 1972 - 1978 (left to marry) and went on 4 tours of duty in N.Ireland, spent 3 years in Germany and was also based in Catterick and went on a training excersise in Canada. I think he can get a GSM with N.Ireland clasp (he had one, his father lost it =O) and a commemaritive Germany 1945 - 1989 medal. (Not yet a Veteran's badge!!) Is that right!?
Thanks!
Welcome to the site, Liam.

Your Dad will be the proud owner of the GSM and NI clasp, as you wrote. If he has lost it, he might be able to pay for a replacement - try the Medals' Office site via the Veterans' site.

However, there isn't an official medal for all those years he spent boozing in BAOR; tough though it was...

Litotes
It wasn't that tough :brilsmurf:
Try telling that to my liver and kidneys!
 

Latest Threads