• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Just Cause 2

#5
frenchie said:
carlbcfc said:
Downloaded PS3 demo, but not yet tried it. What would you compare it to PS3 wise?
Seems to be similar in feel and game play to Red Faction Guerilla from the demo.
Apart from being a sandbox game with a huge open island of fun and bangs etc. The first Just Cause came well before too.
 
#6
GrizzlyPanda said:
Apart from being a sandbox game with a huge open island of fun and bangs etc. The first Just Cause came well before too.
True, but he asked what it was similar to and I guessed he hasn't played the first, but the general feel, 3rd person, large maps mean is a close comparison.
 
#9
BrunoNoMedals said:
Is it a bit like Mercenaries 2? That's mindless destruction with big bombs on large open maps...
That sort of feel, but rather than just being various large open maps - it's a whole tropical island with the mission giving style of GTA and the capability to do stunts and things jumping on and out of vehicles and using grappling hook/parachute.


Trailer linky

PC Graphics Doc Linky
 

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
#10
GrizzlyPanda said:
BrunoNoMedals said:
Is it a bit like Mercenaries 2? That's mindless destruction with big bombs on large open maps...
That sort of feel, but rather than just being various large open maps - it's a whole tropical island with the mission giving style of GTA and the capability to do stunts and things jumping on and out of vehicles and using grappling hook/parachute.
Barring the parachutes, that's Mercenaries.
 
#11
Got bored of Merc 2 after a while and traded it in.


Funny that when the PS3 came out 2 of my fav games were Assassins Creed & MW 1, 2nd time around I did not really like either.
 
#12
BrunoNoMedals said:
GrizzlyPanda said:
BrunoNoMedals said:
Is it a bit like Mercenaries 2? That's mindless destruction with big bombs on large open maps...
That sort of feel, but rather than just being various large open maps - it's a whole tropical island with the mission giving style of GTA and the capability to do stunts and things jumping on and out of vehicles and using grappling hook/parachute.
Barring the parachutes, that's Mercenaries.
Or considering the lack of superhero powers, it's also Prototype. An underrated game, imo.
 
H

Hedphelym

Guest
#14
Got the demo for the 360, I was never a fan of the first one but It's hard not to be impressed by the sheer scale of it.

It's certainly got a fun factor - Grappling an innocent civvie to a large gas canister, shooting it and watching it fly off with the poor person still attached will keep me amused for days. The environment is massive, even though the demo is obviously a small portion of it. Again, really impressive sense of scale.
 
#15
The first one was one of the worst games I've played, I played it for a few hours, didn't come close to getting killed once, same thing with Prototype.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption for my free roaming fix.

 
#16
mark1234 said:
The first one was one of the worst games I've played, I played it for a few hours, didn't come close to getting killed once, same thing with Prototype.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption for my free roaming fix.

Now THAT is going to be legendary. Been waiting for that one.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts