Just Cause 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by GrizzlyPanda, Mar 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Demo was just released of Just Cause 2 on Steam. Clearly one to look forward to. Uber destruction madness I tells ya.
  2. Downloaded PS3 demo, but not yet tried it. What would you compare it to PS3 wise?
  3. Don't play PS3. Just play it and you'll see. Rather like the first one, but with more bang.
  4. Seems to be similar in feel and game play to Red Faction Guerilla from the demo.
  5. Apart from being a sandbox game with a huge open island of fun and bangs etc. The first Just Cause came well before too.
  6. True, but he asked what it was similar to and I guessed he hasn't played the first, but the general feel, 3rd person, large maps mean is a close comparison.
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Is it a bit like Mercenaries 2? That's mindless destruction with big bombs on large open maps...
  8. I bought the 1st one expecting big things, and was sorely disappointed. The game was gash.
  9. That sort of feel, but rather than just being various large open maps - it's a whole tropical island with the mission giving style of GTA and the capability to do stunts and things jumping on and out of vehicles and using grappling hook/parachute.

Trailer linky

PC Graphics Doc Linky
  10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Barring the parachutes, that's Mercenaries.
  11. Got bored of Merc 2 after a while and traded it in.

Funny that when the PS3 came out 2 of my fav games were Assassins Creed & MW 1, 2nd time around I did not really like either.
  12. Or considering the lack of superhero powers, it's also Prototype. An underrated game, imo.
  13. Just try it out you cunts. Fuck sake :D
    If you don't like it, no dramas, it's just a demo.
  14. Got the demo for the 360, I was never a fan of the first one but It's hard not to be impressed by the sheer scale of it.

It's certainly got a fun factor - Grappling an innocent civvie to a large gas canister, shooting it and watching it fly off with the poor person still attached will keep me amused for days. The environment is massive, even though the demo is obviously a small portion of it. Again, really impressive sense of scale.
  15. The first one was one of the worst games I've played, I played it for a few hours, didn't come close to getting killed once, same thing with Prototype.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption for my free roaming fix.