Just being made redundant

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by mrtickle, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi hope someone can answer this question for me please.

I am due to start basic training April 5th at pirbright. I have gone into work today onlt to be told i have been made redundant.

Is there any way i can get a earlier start date?

2. It's only 3 weeks, chill and do fitness. Enjoy a couple of weeks of freedom.
  3. Seconded, get plenty of rest in too, will prob give you a great start to basic
  4. i got made redundant like 3 weeks ago and have been looking for a job but havent realy found anything suitable for the time i had left at home (start my training at catterick 5th april) and even though ive kept my phys up ive put on a few pounds, im thinking this may also have something to do with not smoking so snacking alot more! got three weeks left so was thinking about incresing phys alot to lose the extra weight ive put on.... what im trying to say is dont let yourself get lazy and it give you the chance to do more
  5. Sorry what i should have said is i start basic 5th May not april so got 7 weeks left.
  6. i lost my job in febuary and dont go till april.

its not far away, just do more fitness and if you really need the cash go on the dole.
  7. Phys phys phys my boy !! Get out on the morning and have a good blow out, eat well, get some nights out arranged, wrap up any admin points still to do, visit your Nanna, sell your car, get all your stuff in Cash Converters ect ect, 7 weeks will fly mate, as others have said use it to get shiny and spritely ! :D
  8. Your lucky. If most company's got wind you were leaving they would let to leave off your own back and pay you nothing.
  9. Mr Tickle, Douthy,

Get a bar job for a few weeks! Unless you are child scaringly ugly barstewards, it will be the last time you get to fool around with cheap easy women...

...Until about week 2 of the ATR...
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

exactly right - and if you're being laid off GET DOWN THE DOLE OFFICE AND GET SIGNED ON.
    you'll get your rent paid and a few quid for food. and none of this 'oh, I've never signed on and I never will' stuff. you've paid your taxes, every other fcuker is ripping the p1ss, so get some of your money back.

all with the best with basic.
  11. Fecking right! Phys some more! You can never be too fit for basic, the better you are the easier it will be.... So man up and train!!
  12. I suppose you could ask the ACIO if you could bring it forward... if they have the space available.

But it might be better if you just use the time to train, sign on the dole for a week or two, or work cash in hand humping and dumping for little old ladies.
  13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'But it might be better if you just use the time to train, sign on the dole for a week or two, or work cash in hand humping little old ladies.'

you want him to become a gigolo???? ;)
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

nah - that's Phase 3 training 8)