Just been rejected for having Kidney stones!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jarhead34, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright everyone.
    After a long wait and worries about making it through the application proccess because of certain medical problems, I have just been rejected for having a small Kidney stone 4 years ago. I spoke to the army doctor and apparantly having Kidney stones more or less prevents me from joining the TA.I explained that I had it treated 4 years ago,but the army looks upon it as if I suddenly got an attack when on tour I would have to have medical treatment and be of no use to them.So basically I cannot join because I MAY develop another kidney stone, so maybe I cant join because I MAY get my legs blown off in Iraq.
    I am a fit healthy bloke and cant believe I cant join because of a stone I had in my Kidney I am gutted as its something I have wanted to do for years. Does anyone know if I have a chance to appeal,or shall I just accept the army wont have me.
    cheers lads
  2. from JSP 346

from google

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

In your medical history, do you have a previous episode of having your legs blown off?
  4. If he did I'm sure the chances of it happening again are quite low.
  5. Ha very funny Forastero,but seriously does anyone know what I can do?
  6. You can appeal, but as its in black and white that you will be graded P8 (unfit for military service) your chances of sucess are roughly zero.

You have a confirmed history of Urolithiasis (kidney stones), you are therefore going to be graded P8, therefore you can't join.
  7. msr

msr LE

But do speak to your local cadet unit. I am sure they will snap you up as a Adult Instructor.

8. Dam I am well p***ed off.
  9. How ironic.
  10. You lot just going to take the P**s
  11. Quality....pure class mate! :D
  12. Its very unfortunate, but do you really have to open yourself up to jokes in quite such an obvious way? Its really quite painful to resist.
  13. I'd love to take the p**s. However due to your decreased urine volume which caused the Kidney Stones in the first place, I might find it harder to do than normal... :D
  14. I was opening myself up on purpose I do have a sense of humour.
  15. Must resist......... must not take the piss
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.