Just been invited.....

An ex military colleague has been in contact and we chatted online, a nice lady and well respected even though poor at her job. However she has invited me to her church, nothing wrong so far, It turn's out she is a mormon.

I think she might be trying to recruit me in to the organization, how do I turn the invitation down in a nice way?

I'm not religious but if I was it would be CofE straight down the line, just in case you wonder!

The arrse brethren it is over to you!!

An ex military colleague has been in contact and we chatted online, a nice lady and well respected even though poor at her job. However she has invited me to her church, nothing wrong so far, It turn's out she is a mormon.

I think she might be trying to recruit me in to the organization, how do I turn the invitation down in a nice way?

I'm not religious but if I was it would be CofE straight down the line, just in case you wonder!

I wouldn't bother about the religion thing. Just go on about how shit she is at her job, how you are much better than her at everything, and that you are richer than her, because that's obviously what's bothering you the most.

"Thank you for the kind invitation, but I'm afraid it's not for me. However, we shouldn't let that get in the way of our friendship. Are you free for dinner on Friday?"

"Do you **** on first dates, does your Dad own a brewery"
She is married, nice lady but just trying to recruit, most of her work colleagues just politely say no.
Perhaps the best thing is to say no, but in a nice way?

It all boils down to "Is she fit"

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I wouldn't bother about the religion thing. Just go on about how shit she is at her job, how you are much better than her at everything, and that you are richer than her, because that's obviously what's bothering you the most.
Yup shit look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thread.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
About 20 years ago I was consulting. @Tedsson knows for whom. My muckers discovered that the beer was cheap (ish, for London) at the VSC.

One evening a pyramid sales company had hired the convention hall to do their sucker grabbing recruiting and retired to the downstairs bar (now gone) afterward for drinks. One of my muckers fell for one of their bosses, a nicely milfy woman in a suit. I was quite happy to ride shotgun, less boring than sat in the VSC all evening every evening.

For a couple of weeks he stalked their presentations, him trying to hit on her. They were certain they'd sucker him in. As a disinterested outsider, it kept me amused watching irresistible force fighting immovable object.

Gave me an insight into how religious cults entrap.

I spent a week in Salt Lake City last year which is the Mormon version of Mecca and found the people more than willing to chat about how it would be beneficial to learn their ways. All it took was saying I’m not interested, and they bugger off, they’re not pushy like jo-ho’s. Just tell her you’re not interested, if she’s actually a friend, it won’t offend her.
Them Mormons do have a different taste in statues though.....
2CF2A0E1-7652-480B-8DF8-ACA790B09D2D.jpeg

She might just be trying to fill your moral vacuum and make you a better person, you may have been pointed out by the rest of the staff as the one.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Let her down gently by saying you are a practising agnostic atheist with Muslim tendencies.

Specsavers here I come.

I read the OP as “she is a moron” although the inclusion of the second M hardly changes the definition.

As someone who has sat through two Leonard Cohen albums in expectation of a shag when the torture finished I think the least you could do is sit in a cold draughty building for an hour in order to get your leg over.

Don't Mormons have multiple wives?
She may be attempting to redress the balance a little
I know of a Mormon who doesn't have multiple wives. Can you guess who it is?

Latest Threads